18. Villanova
19. Florida State
20. San Diego State
21. Tennessee
22. Washington
23. Penn State
24. Texas Tech
25. West Virginia

Others receiving votes: North Carolina 41, Xavier 40, Wichita State 31, Purdue 30, Liberty 25, Marquette 23, Indiana 23, Virginia Commonwealth 21, Utah State 14, Saint Mary's 13, Northern Iowa 12, Colorado 12, Texas 10, Florida 7, DePaul 6, Georgetown 3, Richmond 3, Virginia Tech 3, LSU 3, Stanford 3, Seton Hall 3, Oklahoma State 2, Duquesne 1, BYU 1, Arkansas 1

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure where to research it but I kind of think 2012-13 when five teams made the NCAA tournament.
A10 had 6 teams the year after that, 2013-2014. But yeah, probably one of those two years.

The system is more rigged than ever against us. Glad we have the polls and other things to offset the net ratings. Btw have no idea if the net are worst for non P5 conferences, but an educated guess says yes.
You think the NET is biased against the A10? Dayton is in the Top 10, Duquesne and Richmond are in the Top 25, while Saint Louis and George Mason are in the mid-60s. Those rankings are all higher than the other polls. VCU and St. Bona are lower than I would have hoped, but it's kind of understandable. VCU dropped two key games in a row and needs to win at Wichita to get everyone's attention again, wheres St. Bona obviously had the terrible start without one of their best players (which formulas like this don't take into account). So those two will creep back up I would think.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You are correct. It was six bids but I am pretty sure that was in the 2013-14 season.
Yep, that's what I meant. By the way, I was bored and did some digging on this. The last time the A10 had 4 teams getting votes was Week 14 of the 2015-2016 season:
  • Dayton #19
  • VCU (10 votes)
  • St. Joes (5 votes)
  • GW (2 votes)

With that said, for Week 2 of the 2012-2013 season the A10 had 5 teams getting votes (but no team was actually ranked):
  • VCU (75 votes)
  • Saint Louis (32 votes)
  • St. Joes (30 votes)
  • Butler (22 votes)
  • Davidson (4 votes)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
A10 had 6 teams the year after that, 2013-2014. But yeah, probably one of those two years.

You think the NET is biased against the A10? Dayton is in the Top 10, Duquesne and Richmond are in the Top 25, while Saint Louis and George Mason are in the mid-60s. Those rankings are all higher than the other polls. VCU and St. Bona are lower than I would have hoped, but it's kind of understandable. VCU dropped two key games in a row and needs to win at Wichita to get everyone's attention again, wheres St. Bona obviously had the terrible start without one of their best players (which formulas like this don't take into account). So those two will creep back up I would think.
I think it will when it matters during selection for the dance.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts

It's not about NOW. It looks "just fine" for the non-BCS schools in late December. That's how good everyone has been to this point.

The problem is now conference effect kicks in, and the OOC win percentage is basically your in-conference SOS, so Big Ten, ACC, Big 12, Big East, Pac 12 are moving towards around .7500, the SEC and AAC toward .7000, the A-10 and WCC toward .6700, MWC towards .5500, and the Southland towards .1870.

Predicted RPI has Stephen F. Austin going undefeated the rest of the way (20-0 to hit 26-2) and dropping four spots to 82.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
A real shame. Another injury that I am not sure was talked about is SLU's Jimmerson who is out for the season with a broken foot.
Tough break for the Rams. I think that by the end of this season, Chuba will have spent about equal time injured as playing during his 4 years at Fordham.

As for what his loss does to our season, I felt that with him we could have gone 0-18 with several close games.

·
Piker
8,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,538
4521 - 4540 of 4959 Posts