Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

4541 - 4560 of 4731 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Where has Javier Langarica been for GW? Is he hurt?
Will end my long lurking to say that I don’t believe Langarica is hurt. He just stinks and now that freshman Chase Paar is healthy (and a serviceable big) there’s no reason to play a guy who can’t score, rebound, or defend beyond an occasional blocked shot.

is Osunnyi definitely out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have yall seen this?
10. Dayton
20. Duquesne
22. Richmond
52. VCU
66. Saint Louis
67. George Mason
72. Rhode Island
101. Davidson
130. La Salle
158. UMass
189. St. Bonaventure
228. Saint Joe's
235. GW
258. Fordham

·
Registered
20 Posts
On the ESPN standings page, we are conveniently listed 0-1 against the AP/Coaches Top 25. Apparently they're going to let Rutgers forget a certain anomaly.
I think that might be based on the opponent's ranking at the time instead of their current ranking. VCU was showing as having a win even while LSU had dropped out of the Top 25 for a while.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I think that might be based on the opponent's ranking at the time instead of their current ranking. VCU was showing as having a win even while LSU had dropped out of the Top 25 for a while.
Explains it. Doesn't make sense though. Computer-based rankings are fluid wrt your win/losses against the opponent's current ranking. We know how reliable early season polling is.

Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Question....I remember a La Salle fan on here a couple years ago posted renovation plans for Tom Gola Arena, with the renovations adding seats on all sides and really turning it into an "arena". Does anyone know if that's definitely happening?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Question....I remember a La Salle fan on here a couple years ago posted renovation plans for Tom Gola Arena, with the renovations adding seats on all sides and really turning it into an "arena". Does anyone know if that's definitely happening?
I believe they have allocated half their athletic budget to adding a second water fountain at the other end to achieve symmetry...

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I wouldn’t hold my breath. My understanding is that La Salle has bigger financial fish to fry than anything involving a basketball facility.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Spiders can't get any respect, even after paying Lunardi to schedule.
He's got 2 A10 teams in (Dayton and Rhode Island) and VCU as #7 out.
We do have the 3rd best A10 record, and tied for 2nd in overall record.
We should stop paying him.

·
Piker
8,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,557
Spiders can't get any respect, even after paying Lunardi to schedule.
He's got 2 A10 teams in (Dayton and Rhode Island) and VCU as #7 out.
We do have the 3rd best A10 record, and tied for 2nd in overall record.
We should stop paying him.
A loss to Radford will do that.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Lunardi is not the be all end all. Bracketmatrix.com has Richmond as a first 4 out team. They appear in 46 brackets so far, which is not a ton but not insignificant either.

·
Piker
8,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,560
That's a fair point.
But...we are #3 in the NET vs VCU tied for 6th.
We are 2-4 in Quad 1 wins...vs. VCU's 0-6.
I think you guys are paying him under the table.
I feel like Rodney Dangerfield.
If I were you I would not worry too much about VCU. I have resigned myself to a A10 tournament run or filling out my bracket with no stress. UR needs to win out and win a game or two in the A10 tournament.

4541 - 4560 of 4731 Posts