Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

4561 - 4578 of 4578 Posts

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Lunardi is not the be all end all. Bracketmatrix.com has Richmond as a first 4 out team. They appear in 46 brackets so far, which is not a ton but not insignificant either.

You're right. Lunardi doesn't have all that good of a record in predicting the final bracket.
Also, the Spiders are a real long shot to make the tournament, so I'm going with AA...sitting back, enjoy the season, fill out a bracket...and drink more bourbon.

·
Piker
8,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,562
You're right. Lunardi doesn't have all that good of a record in predicting the final bracket.
Also, the Spiders are a real long shot to make the tournament, so I'm going with AA...sitting back, enjoy the season, fill out a bracket...and drink more bourbon.
I actually do not think they are a long shot if they can win out and win a game or two in Brooklyn. They can easily play themselves in.

·
Piker
8,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,564
I have rewritten "No Sleep til Brooklyn" to read "No loss til Dayton"
I could be totally wrong but Brooklyn could be bananas this year. UD should win out but if not who knows what will happen. Maybe Ace's team will toss the litmus test in the garbage bin and shock the world.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I could be totally wrong but Brooklyn could be bananas this year. UD should win out but if not who knows what will happen. Maybe Ace's team will toss the litmus test in the garbage bin and shock the world.
How did the (insert school name) Rams get so good?

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
It was interesting that he had 2 A10 teams and 2 SoCon teams in the bracket.
He projects Furman (NET 71) to win the conference tournament, and ETSU (NET 42) to be an at large.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
He projects Furman (NET 71) to win the conference tournament, and ETSU (NET 42) to be an at large.
But does he project Furman to win at ETSU tonight? That is what Bubble minds want to know...

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Spiders can't get any respect, even after paying Lunardi to schedule.
He's got 2 A10 teams in (Dayton and Rhode Island) and VCU as #7 out.
We do have the 3rd best A10 record, and tied for 2nd in overall record.
We should stop paying him.
The Spiders have a reasonably good chance of going in to the A10 tournament with 24 or 25 wins. I would hope that would have them on the bubble or better.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Furman is the current conference leader that's the only reason he sticks them in as the auto-bid. He does that with every conference. ETSU and Furman are both 12-2 but Furman won the first matchup. So basically he's saying in his opinion, if ETSU does not win the conference tournament the SoCon winner will be a bid stealer.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Furman is the current conference leader that's the only reason he sticks them in as the auto-bid. He does that with every conference. ETSU and Furman are both 12-2 but Furman won the first matchup. So basically he's saying in his opinion, if ETSU does not win the conference tournament the SoCon winner will be a bid stealer.
Got it. Makes sense.

4561 - 4578 of 4578 Posts