Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

4621 - 4640 of 4800 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I understand that. Just didn't realize it before.
Maybe you can figure out a way to keep him from going pro.
I’m not sure that there is a good reason for him not to go pro. As you pointed out he is getting up there in years for a 1st round pick

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
What's up with the Dayton students last night?
Yea that is nuts. The are pissed off because Dayton is closing the student housing on short notice. At least that is the idea I got from perusing the trending on Twitter. Its one thing to cancel classes but to kick kids out with no notice, I would be pissed too. I think Syracuse is doing the same thing but telling kids to basically not come back after spring break so take what you need. Sounds like Dayton just messed up the messaging and timing.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Exactly why any closing down of colleges is a joke. If you think everyone is just going to idly sit by til this blows over and campuses are re-opened you're an idiot. They're just going to congregate at house parties and bars instead. I would have.
Yes, but then it is not the school's responsibility. A lot of these decisions are CYA.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Exactly why any closing down of colleges is a joke. If you think everyone is just going to idly sit by til this blows over and campuses are re-opened you're an idiot. They're just going to congregate at house parties and bars instead. I would have.
It's population density though. One sick person on a cruise ship gets everyone sick. Dorms are basically cruise ships.

When one person in a family gets sick, everyone in that family tends to get sick. Because you're living in the same house as a sick person. So get these college kids back in the parents house, with 4-5 total people. Because if they stay in a dorm, it's a house of 500 to 1000+ people.

Now, the other thing to worry about is people cancelling school at a level lower than college. Kids aren't getting this. We need to keep elementary and junior high schools open as long as possible.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
A teenager in Ashland, Virginia just north of Richmond was diagnosed today.
I mean younger kids who can't be left home alone. You can leave a high schooler home alone while the parents work. If they have to close elementary schools and junior highs... 54% of healthcare workers in the US have children.

The virus is not the problem. People getting sick is not the problem. The problem is everyone getting sick AT ONCE, so the systems we have as a society collapse. That is what is happening in Italy right now. There's more people in hospitals than the hospitals can handle.

·
Piker
8,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,636
I mean younger kids who can't be left home alone. You can leave a high schooler home alone while the parents work. If they have to close elementary schools and junior highs... 54% of healthcare workers in the US have children.

The virus is not the problem. People getting sick is not the problem. The problem is everyone getting sick AT ONCE, so the systems we have as a society collapse. That is what is happening in Italy right now. There's more people in hospitals than the hospitals can handle.
Got ya. Yes, this is all happening to contain the problem.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Thinking about the season, it's tough for seniors who didn't get to play in a finished tournament, or post season. Couple of guys on Dayton's team who were 4 year guys.
Assume Obi will go pro.

Looking at next year, all the Spiders could return which should argue for a good season.
One more year for the billboard guys to get cranked up !

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
The over-signers (Fake Jared Kushner; Carla Tortelli) are now penning the writing on the wall for their no-longer-welcome student athletes. Gotta do it when you continue to take commitments that take you well over the D1 scholarship limit. Rinse, repeat.

Keon Clergeot and CJ Jackson are FIRRRRRRED by FJK.

Who will be next coming out of Pittsburgh? My money is on Frankie Hughes, James Ellis, Austin Rotroff, and/or Ashton Miller. Being that Tortelli is already two over and still firing out 2020 offers, at least three or four seem primed for liquidation.

*Cue the excuses about "needing" to do this because so many kids transfer these days.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
From Michael Traini and the Fight Massachusetts 247sports site.
the Minutemen today had two players announce their intention to transfer, freshman wing CJ Jackson and RS Jr combo guard Keon Clergeot. Keon is a grad transfer with one year left while Jackson still has his redshirt season with three more years after that. CJ will likely have to sit, Keon can play right away.
UMass now has one open spot to hand out to either a backup big or a player in the Portal like Noah Fernandes. I believe they will add both those things so one more player will have to transfer out, but that is still pending.

4621 - 4640 of 4800 Posts