Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

4681 - 4700 of 4732 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
We're pretty fucked going forward. Something isn't right in Kingston, maybe a combination of the upcoming new transfer rule and unkept promises that were given to keep Dan Hurley but not delivered by the administration now with Cox as HC. The chickens are coming home to roost. Also, supposedly Fatts is going to test the pro waters, and I'm not convinced he is coming back even if his stock draft is not high.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Washington against Stephen F. Austin:

Team Value Index: ? | ?
Net efficiency: 6.0 | 14.5
Win%: .469 | .893
Adj. Win%: .418 | .904
Net margin: 1.3 | 6.5

NET ranking: 58 | 77 (LOL)
Again, Washington is kenpom #54. Unlike the rest of you guys, I'm actually quite pleased. It looks like the NET actually (almost) attempts to measure something and is less a random number generator than I was thinking. I have no trouble believing Washington is better than SFA. Those first four calculations mean nothing until you overlay who a team played so the fact that they can change dramatically once you do is not surprising in the least. I know mine won't be a popular opinion around these parts, but keep in mind, I'm not arguing that it ought to be used for tournament selection. That's a completely separate argument, at least in my mind, from whether or not it's an adequate statistical measure of relative strength. I'm starting to conclude it is probably better than I thought at the beginning of the season.

My problem, as it was with the RPI, is that you can't use this as a measure in addition to "tiered" records. If you do, you've essentially double-weighted (or more) strength of schedule. Who you played is implicitly accounted for in the NET. You shouldn't get credit outside that calculation for having played tougher teams in a separate analyis. I don't care if you beat those tougher teams or not, that's also been accounted for in the NET. That's the real problem here.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Washington is not the 54th best team in the country, not by a longshot. I have a lot of trouble thinking Washington would beat SFA on a neutral floor. Hell, SFA could beat them at UW, they beat Duke at Cameron.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I don't know whether Washington is the 54th best team in the country or not. Nor does anyone else. There is so little difference between teams 25 places apart in the ratings it's impossible for anyone to say with any credibility. It's about one in-and-out or one turnover, or one bad call's worth of difference. And yet you've got to rank them somehow. And somehow Dayton and San Diego St. were able to swim upstream.

The decked is stacked against non P5/BE teams, yes, but it ain't in the way kenpom calculates and I don't believe, but am not entirely sure, that it has anything to do with NET. We'll just have to adamantly disagree, and leave it at that.

·
Piker
8,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,688
This Is What College Hoops Coaches Like to Watch While Stuck at Home

ATLANTIC 10

Bob McKillop, Davidson
TV Show: Too Many to List
Movie: Too Many to List

Anthony Grant, Dayton
TV Show: Black-ish
Movie: The Avengers franchise

Keith Dambrot, Duquesne
TV Show: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Movie: Gladiator

Jeff Neubauer, Fordham
TV Show: Did Not Respond
Movie: Did Not Respond

Dave Paulsen, George Mason
TV Show: Modern Family
Movie: Caddyshack

Jamion Christian, George Washington
TV Show: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Movie: The Devil Wears Prada

Ashley Howard, La Salle
TV Show: Billions
Movie: Lone Survivor

Matt McCall, UMass
TV Show: Saved by the Bell
Movie: Wedding Crashers

David Cox, Rhode Island
TV Show: Martin
Movie: John Wick franchise

Chris Mooney, Richmond
TV Show: Seinfeld
Movie: Life Is Beautiful

Billy Lange, Saint Joseph’s
TV Show: Seinfeld
Movie: My Cousin Vinny

Travis Ford, Saint Louis
TV Show: The White Shadow
Movie: The 6th Man

Mark Schmidt, St. Bonaventure
TV Show: Coach
Movie: The Town

Mike Rhoades, VCU
TV Show: None
Movie: John Wick

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Washington is not the 54th best team in the country, not by a longshot. I have a lot of trouble thinking Washington would beat SFA on a neutral floor. Hell, SFA could beat them at UW, they beat Duke at Cameron.
I'm curious, who would win a best of 31 series on a neutral court?

Here is one way to look at it.
SFA is 1-2 vs teams better than 2019-2020 LaSalle and 27-1 vs teams worse than 2019-2020 LaSalle.
Washington is 10-17 vs teams better than 2019-2020 LaSalle and 5-0 vs teams worse than 2019-2020 LaSalle.
Not sure what that actually illustrates...

·
Piker
8,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,693
the 2 most predictable answers ever right there. I don't even know the two men but I coulda told you those were their favorite TV shows
How could you ignore this one? At least he is in touch with his feminine side.

Jamion Christian, George Washington
TV Show: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Movie: The Devil Wears Prada

·
Piker
8,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,696 (Edited)
The Devil Wears Prada is the worst movie ever made and I can back that up, if provoked.
I have never seen it although Anne Hathaway is a looker. What about Travis Ford watching the White Shadow. What is this the late 70s?

Oh and I am surprised Mooney did not go with Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri as his favorite movie.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
What ever will those poor guys do who paid for the billboard?
We're projected in the top 25 in some polls next year, and the Obi train has left the building.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
What ever will those poor guys do who paid for the billboard?
We're projected in the top 25 in some polls next year, and the Obi train has left the building.
UR is going to extend Mooney for anothrer 10 years, so when Golden, Gilyard, Francis and Sherod graduate the fire Mooney crowd will have plenty of opportunity to pay for billboards. Crutcher will be back and will be the new conductor of the train. Remember that the A10’s Crown Jewel has been there before. JoinTheFight, Smell the Glove and Cock of the Walk and all that other bullshit

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
So did Ryan Daly and Fatts Russell. Crutcher is testing the water, will get feedback from the NBA, return to UD for another year, and will be the Flyers next A10 POY and NBA first round pick.

4681 - 4700 of 4732 Posts