Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

4801 - 4820 of 4915 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I'd be surprised if any of the richmond players didnt return
Agree. Im surprised Golden is even going down this road. He will never sniff an NBA roster. Golden couldnt carry TJ Cline's jockstrap and Cline didnt even make the League. Cline had legit post moves. Golden only gets his numbers when he's playing guys below his own skill set or smaller-sized guys. Put a physical/athletic big on him and he does the Homer Simpson bush retreat. I remember watching him pump-fake Obi about four times on a post catch, and finally got so scared to put up a shot he threw it back out. He wanted no part of it.

As for UR's guards, I think they are in the same boat as Crutcher and Fatts. Extremely talented college guards, but will have a tough time making it to the NBA just because there are so many good guards to choose from. Scoochie never sniffed the NBA for the same reason, but Chris Johnson did b/c he was 6-6 and had size to do some other things.

·
Piker
8,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,805
So I am just now watching the MJ doc called the Last Dance. SJU's coach has not aged much.

·
Piker
8,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,807
Nice! Marcus made two threads. He is a grad transfer. I liked Silva and he was a hard worker. It will be interesting to see where he goes and how he plays. Mobley and Silva were recruited by Wade. Silva's family has been critical of our staff so I am not surprised. VCU will be very young next year so I hope he finds his best 9 early and lets them play.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I believe the A10 has rules that prohibit a player from transferring from one school to another within the league.
But can a grad transfer go to another school in the league?

·
Piker
8,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,810
At least he wrote a heartfelt tweet-thanks on the way out.
<jo emoji>
Heck, I am glad Santos-Silva gave VCU 3 years of hard work and stick around after our coaching change. He was recruited by Wade. Next year is a rebuilding year so he could stick around and have a big year like Justin Tillman did (who stuck in the exact same situation his senior season).The grad year gives Silva an opportunity to experience another program and it gives VCU an opportunity to give more time to younger players. Shit happens.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Fall sports are probably in serious jeopardy. Football will probably delay as long as they can before they cancel games but a shortened football season is likely. I wonder if basketball will even start on time the way things are going and the predictions of a fall breakout of the virus.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Every day I find myself hoping my HS senior son will at least get to play some games in his last varsity baseball season (and I'll get to watch them), or have a prom, or have a graduation... But I digress.

4801 - 4820 of 4915 Posts