Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

4861 - 4880 of 4927 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Blah, Blah, Blah ....

All we heard last year was VCU and Davidson. The year before it was Duquesne, UMASS and George Mason.

We’ll see. Crutcher is the best player in the league. The Flyers have been in have been there before.
Uh, Duquesne was picked to finish 11th two years ago. Duquesne hasn't been among the favorites to win the league since 1979. In fact, this upcoming year, where the Dukes are seen as a potential darkhorse, is probably as highly regarded as the Dukes have been going into a season since then.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Uh, Duquesne was picked to finish 11th two years ago. Duquesne hasn't been among the favorites to win the league since 1979. In fact, this upcoming year, where the Dukes are seen as a potential darkhorse, is probably as highly regarded as the Dukes have been going into a season since then.
The year that Duquesne had all of the transfers become in eligible - maybe Dambrots second year - was what I was referring to. It wasnt a slight against DUQ but the talking heads that make these blind predictions. I was also hoping to irritate Paul

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Spiders are claiming no preseason awards. Have to earn it on the court.
Interesting to see both my teams at 5/3 arena this coming year.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Spiders are claiming no preseason awards. Have to earn it on the court.
Interesting to see both my teams at 5/3 arena this coming year.
It would really suck if both your teams lost in Clifton next year.

You may not want to be so quick to turn down the Preseason Championship ... it may be the last chance for Mooney to win a championship at UR.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I'm not upset. I'm used to the antics of Dayton fans. JAF is trying to handle the loss of a promising post season to a virus.
Use to live in Cincy, so wish I was there next year for the two games.
As to Mooney...he's never leaving. Secret lifetime contract. Poor man's Mark Few with lesser results.
But....if we play basketball this year coming up...the Spiders should be really entertaining. Look forward to a match up with the Fayers.

4861 - 4880 of 4927 Posts