Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

4941 - 4960 of 4960 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Edit: @ Harvard game was actually moved to 2021-22, and will complete the home and home agreement from when Harvard came to URI in 2018-19. So we get a max of 30 games and still room for one more if they find a competitive program to play.

URI non-con schedule is almost locked in with the exception of the Harvard away game, with the university releasing the final home dates:

Tuesday 11/10 Drexel
Friday 11/13 Quinnipiac
Wednesday 11/18 Lehigh
Saturday 11/21 Marquette at Mohegan Sun
Sunday 11/22 Central Florida or Minnesota at Mohegan Sun
Wednesday 11/25 at Boston College
Tuesday 12/1 Seton Hall
Friday 12/4 at Providence
Sunday 12/6 Boise State
Monday 12/14 at Western Kentucky
Tuesday 12/22 Brown
?????? ???? at Harvard

I'm glad we're home for the A-10/MWC challenge, the road game for this is probably the game furthest away from campus for anyone that has an MWC road opponent. Western Kentucky is the worst case for us but most games are a bus ride away if necessary.

Room for one more game to hit our 31 max, so I think Rhody would take a buy game against a P5 team if the opportunity arises. Currently 6 home, 2 neutral but basically a home crowd within 50 minutes of campus, and 4 road games.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
The Rothstein machine is reporting that Richmond will host Bucknell this season. I guess that means if there is a season. Bucknell will not be good this year but I still suggest the Spiders cover the 75' inbounds pass if the game is close at the end.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Chase Johnson, a 6' 9" forward is returning to the Dayton program Johnson was a four star recruit coming out of high school who committed Florida. He transferred to UD, but his career has been marked by concussions and illness ultimately forcing him to leave the team early last season. Hopefully for the young man's sake he can make it through the season unscathed.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Ouch! That Punch-and-Judy hitter was always one of Hawk Harrelson’s favorites on WGN during my childhood.
He might be the epitome of punch and judy:
.291 career avg over 14 seasons with 34 home runs but 327 stolen bases. He only slugged .386 and only struck out 384 times. Oh how the game has changed.

·
Piker
8,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,953
Jaylen Adams signs with Trailblazers to replace Ariza on the roster!
This could end up being like the NFL strike era when guys got a chance to put their names in the history books. I can remember Alvin Garrett getting a shot with the Skins during that time and I think he even caught a touchdown in the Super Bowl win that year.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
How about "Lance Johnson". Surely, you must be familiar with that one.
Ouch! That Punch-and-Judy hitter was always one of Hawk Harrelson’s favorites on WGN during my childhood.
He might be the epitome of punch and judy:
.291 career avg over 14 seasons with 34 home runs but 327 stolen bases. He only slugged .386 and only struck out 384 times. Oh how the game has changed.

Lance Johnson had a pretty good year in his one full season with the Mets. He was an All Star, hitting .333 with an OPS of .841 and 50 stolen bases, while leading the league with 227 hits and 21 triples.

4941 - 4960 of 4960 Posts