Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

4961 - 4980 of 5040 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
No way VCU is 10.
I agree. VCU will be as high as 5 or 6, and I consider them as the “sleeper”. The program knows how to win and recruits better than most of the conference. They have talent on the roster.

I will be surprised if Tre Mitchell is POY. He may be first team, but players like Crutcher or Javonte Perkins will win that award because their teams will win.

No Bona players or Javonte Perkins on Jon’s first team?????

From a UD standpoint. If Chase Johnson has a break out year The Flyer’s will grab the #1 seed. I like his game, but the kid just got back on campus after taking a medical withdrawal in December. A break out year would be beyond most of the Faithful’s expectations. Ibi Watson is my pick from the Flyer’s roster to have a break out season. Zmife Nwokeji will be ROY.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I agree. VCU will be as high as 5 or 6, and I consider them as the “sleeper”. The program knows how to win and recruits better than most of the conference. They have talent on the roster.

I will be surprised if Tre Mitchell is POY. He may be first team, but players like Crutcher or Javonte Perkins will win that award because their teams will win.

No Bona players or Javonte Perkins on Jon’s first team?????

From a UD standpoint. If Chase Johnson has a break out year The Flyer’s will grab the #1 seed. I like his game, but the kid just got back on campus after taking a medical withdrawal in December. A break out year would be beyond most of the Faithful’s expectations. Ibi Watson is my pick from the Flyer’s roster to have a break out season. Zmife Nwokeji will be ROY.
I am not sure about VCU making that leap this year. They are very young but Hyland is one of the better players in the league. I dont think Tre will win POY either. My money would be on Crutcher or someone from the team that finishes 1st...if we have a season.

I am not surprised Jon left off a Bonnie, we dont slurp his ego. Lofton was a 1st team last year so would have to drop off or get hurt to not repeat that. The kid is consistent as hell so I dont expect any kind of drop off.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Yeah... it’s hard to imagine VCU finishing 10th. Bones Hyland can play, Hason Ward (damn you, Commies, for bird dogging him from SBU) is an emerging force at the rim, and the peripheral pieces seem solid on paper. Additionally, I had the sense that chemistry wasn’t ideal last season. Maybe the unexpected departure(s) from RVA weren’t entirely negative?

As for Rothstein’s All-Conference list... what else would I expect? Lofton was 1st team as a sophomore, but he’ll omit him to appease one of the coaches who pony up for speaking/hype fees.

I’m with JR with the top five this season, but the order is a crapshoot.

My money would be on Crutcher for POY.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Which schools are back on campus currently working out? Interested to see where the league is on this.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Spiders have been back on campus for over a month and are gradually ramping up. Currently doing small group workouts and just got back into the weight room.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Call it a hunch, but I expect this VCU team to outperform last season’s. Something didn’t feel right with the 2019-2020 version. Good rosters don’t just fall off a cliff like that one did—unless internal issues existed.

4961 - 4980 of 5040 Posts