Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

5061 - 5080 of 5126 Posts

·
Piker
9,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,062
Davidson to Asheville will save a bit of gas money for McKillop’s crew.
Have ever been to Asheville? I vacationed there a couple of years ago. Stayed in a mountain cabin for a week.

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
"the 2020 Maui Invitational in Asheville"

It's like Alice in Wonderland.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
It's pretty comical to see Providence try to "big time" Rhody as if the former is infinitely superior to the latter. This isn't a Xavier-Miami OH or Marquette-Milwaukee situation here. The two programs are absolutely peers who should be playing a recurring home-and-home.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
UMass Athletics needed to cut the budget by 20% because of Covid19 impact.
The question is will LaSalle survive, never mind the athletic department.

"
Fitch Downgrades La Salle University (PA) Revs to 'BB+'; Outlook Revised to Stable
Mon 28 Sep, 2020 - 9:15 AM ET

Fitch Ratings - Chicago - 28 Sep 2020: Fitch Ratings has downgraded La Salle University's Issuer Default Rating (IDR) to 'BB+' from 'BBB-' and has downgraded the ratings on the following bonds issued on behalf of La Salle University (La Salle):

--$40,050,000 Philadelphia Industrial Development Authority, La Salle University Revenue Bonds series 2017 to 'BB+' from 'BBB-';
--$84,300,000 million Pennsylvania Higher Educational Facilities Authority, La Salle University Revenue Bonds series 2012 to 'BB+' from 'BBB-'.

The Rating Outlook has been revised to Stable from Negative.

"

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
La Salle will survive as a university, but given some of its significant overhead in a pretty saturated market, it won’t surprise me if a step down in athletic investment is around the corner (5ish years). Regardless of the message board banter to the contrary, I’ve repeatedly heard a return to (not of) the MAAC is a very real possibility.

·
Piker
9,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,071 (Edited)
ODU, Mason, UR and VCU sounds like the A10s version of the CAA southeast.

Reactions: Steve81

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
La Salle will survive as a university, but given some of its significant overhead in a pretty saturated market, it won’t surprise me if a step down in athletic investment is around the corner (5ish years). Regardless of the message board banter to the contrary, I’ve repeatedly heard a return to (not of) the MAAC is a very real possibility.
I would question if a move to the MAAC really saves them that much money.
That said, when money is tight, any savings can feel like a lot.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
I would question if a move to the MAAC really saves them that much money.
That said, when money is tight, any savings can feel like a lot.
Yes. I'm neither wishing for anything like that to happen, nor do I fully grasp the financial ramifications such a move would entail; however, the possibility is definitely out there.

5061 - 5080 of 5126 Posts