Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

5121 - 5140 of 5177 Posts

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Well crap. Sorry to hear that for him...and the Spider team.

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
That stinks for UR and the league. Will we see Sherod as the rare sixth-year senior next season? Marquise Simmons did it with SBU after redshirting once for cancer and another time for a torn Achilles.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I just hate to see an a player out for a prolonged time due to injury/illness. Obviously, a blow to Richmond and the A-10. Hopefully Sherod has a fast recovery and can move forward with his life with or without playing basketball.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
It's been 3 years since the major recruiting violation allegations involving the big boys, yet the UMass case was settled...

·
Piker
9,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,134
That hurts. There was the potential for some really good matchups down there.
They were scheduled to play Tennessee, Penn State and Charlotte with a couple more after those games. Now, with the season a month out, the only game VCU has set in stone is a Dec. 22 trip to LSU.

·
Piker
9,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,136
Teams need to play mostly in-state.
The problem I have with the poor planning coming out of the shuddered doors of the NCAA is.....there is NO plan. They never had any foresight on what this would require. Some P5s and non-P5s will scrabble together a OOC schedule while others will not. Games are going to be canceled and players will be sitting out due to protocols. Seems like this year should have simply been conference schedules with each conference working out the best case scenarios. As I expected, this is going to be all over the place and a big freaking mess.

Reactions: Bill Russell
5121 - 5140 of 5177 Posts