Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

5321 - 5340 of 5364 Posts

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
I think that just a traffic light when I was in school. Olean making moves!
It was just a traffic light. The intersection in the Bill's picture, and most of the traffic lights on North Union have been replaced by traffic circles.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
There are 2 roundabouts here. The newest is in a semi-rural area.
The pickups that enter, and attempt exit, seemed to be manned by English guys headed for the wrong side of the road.
Then again...South Carolina.

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
They are putting roundabouts around RVA these days. I did a story on one that will be at a busy intersection and the comment section was full of people freaking out. They were saying dumb stuff like is slows traffic and causes accidents when studies show that it does the opposite. It is not surprising because Richmond drivers are notoriously bad drivers. Slow and inattentive. Of course here they like to call them traffic circles. My wife is from Massachusetts so I go with roundabout.
Same thing in Olean. People are so terrified of change. Roundabouts are great, and they keep the traffic flowing well. I hope they put more of them in.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
They are putting roundabouts around RVA these days. I did a story on one that will be at a busy intersection and the comment section was full of people freaking out. They were saying dumb stuff like is slows traffic and causes accidents when studies show that it does the opposite. It is not surprising because Richmond drivers are notoriously bad drivers. Slow and inattentive. Of course here they like to call them traffic circles. My wife is from Massachusetts so I go with roundabout.
I hate roundabouts! I call them roach motel circles...
Maybe that’s because I drive like I’m in “European Vacation”...

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,328
Well, not a lot, but as The Rock said, “If ya lie down with dogs, ya might wake up with fleas.”
Dambrot "These kids have a right to be unhappy, have a right to go somewhere else and have a right make their own decisions. The NCAA has made it really easy on them quite frankly."

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
Dambrot "These kids have a right to be unhappy, have a right to go somewhere else and have a right make their own decisions. The NCAA has made it really easy on them quite frankly."
It has been discussed here many times, but this proposed Wild West transfer rule would destroy college basketball and contribute to drastically inferior graduation rates. The overwhelming majority of NCAA members need to fight to the death over this one. It is critically important.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I see a president transferred from La Salle.
Immediate waiver...won't have to sit out for a year.

5321 - 5340 of 5364 Posts