Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 60 of 4476 Posts

·
Piker
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Or everybody is killing the last of the PBR on campus before it moves to Russia.
You are funny paulxu. Hey, I have a question about the bathrooms at UR's football field. Why in the world do you guys put a huge sign about prostate exams right above the urinals? I know that would seem to be the perfect place to advertise but when I attended the UR/New Hampshire game on Saturday I found it to be comical and strange at the same time.

·
Piker
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Uh oh. Rothstein makes every team he visits sound like the 1969 UCLA Bruins, so I'm sure the "talent" evaluations will be "off the charts" for the Rams.
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 36s
This could wind up being Shaka Smart's deepest team at VCU. Rams will play 11. Have reserves that would start at other A 10 schools.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 1m
Palpable buzz out of VCU surrounding Melvin Johnson. 6-3 SG made 66 3's last year as a sophomore. Should make between 80 and 95 in 14-15.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 57s
Terry Larrier may not immediately start for VCU but he'll hit his stride by the time the Rams hit A 10 play. Kid has no ceiling. Pro.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 50s
Early prediction on VCU's starting five --- Briante Weber, Melvin Johnson, Jordan Burgess, Treveon Graham, Mo Alie-Cox....

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 47s
Mike Gilmore gives VCU a different look at the 5. 6-9 freshman is a pick and pop big that can face the basket. Has a chance. Very skilled.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 2m
Mo Alie-Cox is one of the more physically imposing big men I've seen in person. 6-6, 250. Will start for VCU at the 5. 8 and 8 guy.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 2m
VCU may have a better team this year than last but Rams could enter A 10 with a spotty record. Non-conference slate is BRUTAL.

The guy who's going to surprise people on VCU is freshman PG Johnny Williams. Built like a fullback. Big time facilitator. Going to play.

Quick thought: JeQuan Lewis may be better served playing in long stretches off the ball. VCU's second best shooter behind Melvin Johnson.

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
You are funny paulxu. Hey, I have a question about the bathrooms at UR's football field. Why in the world do you guys put a huge sign about prostate exams right above the urinals? I know that would seem to be the perfect place to advertise but when I attended the UR/New Hampshire game on Saturday I found it to be comical and strange at the same time.
Older alumni use the field for lawn bowling in the off-season. It's a PSA about PSA's.

·
Piker
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

·
Piker
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Sporting News NCAAB ‏@sn_ncaab 5m
@tsnmike names 10 coaches who need to have a big season. You'll recognize these names. http://bit.ly/10coaches

In need of a rebound

Tom Pecora, Fordham

Record at school: 34-85
'13-'14 record: 10-21

Pecora proved beyond a reasonable doubt he is a capable head coach during his tenure at Hofstra, delivering four 20-win seasons in his final six years and six times recording double-digit victories in the Colonial Athletic Association. And then Pecora made the dangerous decision to accept the single worst major coaching job in Division I.

We call it a “major” job grudgingly; most members of the Atlantic 10 operate at that level. Fordham never really has.

The Rams once were a very fine mid- to low-major program, particularly when they belonged to the Patriot League. Then Fordham and the A-10 collectively made the foolish decision that merely being stationed in the New York metropolitan area meant the school could thrive on a wider stage.

Since the move, Fordham has had one winning season. The move happened 19 seasons ago. Fordham isn’t likely to double that total this season, but it wouldn’t hurt to come close.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2014-09-24/coaches-hotseat-crean-pecora-fox-gregory-grant/

·
Piker
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The Atlantic 10 sent six teams to the NCAA Tournament last season, and CoxHub analysts Chris DiSano, Vin Parise, & Adam Finkelstein look at the conference heading into the 2014-15 campaign. Starting off with the cream of the crop in the conference, the VCU Rams, they then move on to potential sleepers and the overall strength of the league.

http://www.coxhub.com/articles/coxhub-hoops-the-atlantic-10

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Sporting News NCAAB ‏@sn_ncaab 5m
@tsnmike names 10 coaches who need to have a big season. You'll recognize these names. http://bit.ly/10coaches

In need of a rebound

Tom Pecora, Fordham
Record at school: 34-85
'13-'14 record: 10-21

Pecora proved beyond a reasonable doubt he is a capable head coach during his tenure at Hofstra, delivering four 20-win seasons in his final six years and six times recording double-digit victories in the Colonial Athletic Association. And then Pecora made the dangerous decision to accept the single worst major coaching job in Division I.

We call it a “major” job grudgingly; most members of the Atlantic 10 operate at that level. Fordham never really has.

The Rams once were a very fine mid- to low-major program, particularly when they belonged to the Patriot League. Then Fordham and the A-10 collectively made the foolish decision that merely being stationed in the New York metropolitan area meant the school could thrive on a wider stage.

Since the move, Fordham has had one winning season. The move happened 19 seasons ago. Fordham isn’t likely to double that total this season, but it wouldn’t hurt to come close.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2014-09-24/coaches-hotseat-crean-pecora-fox-gregory-grant/
The part about the Patriot League is not very accurate. We had a lot of solid years in the MAAC and even the good PL teams were made up of MAAC recruits. Our PL teams after our first two years in that league sucked. The move from the PL to the A10 was poorly done, but I think it could have worked from the MAAC to the A10 for a few years, but hard to say if it would have been the same long-term.

·
6,271 Posts
...you should try going to the bathroom at halftime in the RC

·
Piker
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 3m
Dayton's Steve McElvene has been ruled a partial qualifier by the NCAA and will not play during the 2014-15 season, per the school.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 4m
Dayton 6-11 freshman Steve McElvene been ruled a partial qualifier by the NCAA and will not play this season. Will be allowed to practice.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
NPH
‏@NorthPoleHoops
Joseph Chartouny, Canadian PG out of Montreal, Quebec has committed to Fordham University of the A10 #NCAA

Was teammate with Fordham freshman Nemanja Zarkovic. Played against Fordham on their Canadian trip last month. Scored 29 against us in a loss. That of course needs to be taken with a grain of salt given who was defending him (i.e., someone on Fordham).

All I know is that he was a priority for this staff and they got their man.

41 - 60 of 4476 Posts