Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

6121 - 6140 of 6200 Posts

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I brought up the obstacles to a getting FBS TV money, because it's common sense that morons have always thought a Dayton team doesn't bring more/different TV viewers to your conference than a Cincinnati team does, why would it change suddenly?

·
Piker
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,124
Medley-Bacon the 7’1 Coppin State transfer is leaving VCU to enter the portal.

·
Piker
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,125 (Edited)
VCU now has two posts open. Rumor is that Levi Stockard might stay another year. The two incoming freshmen look to be as good as the freshmen that came in this year. I expect the staff to add a quality combo guard and a big man. I have a feeling Bones is going to leave so that would be another spot. If Stockard leaves that would be four spots. They can make some moves this offseason in the portal.

·
Piker
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,127
You buried the lede.
I just feel like he will leave. Just my gut. I mean leave to the NBA not the portal. If the staff can make two moves and talk Bones into giving one more year VCU could be really good next year.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,606 Posts
I just feel like he will leave. Just my gut. I mean leave to the NBA not the portal. If the staff can make two moves and talk Bones into giving one more year VCU could be really good next year.
He’d be nuts. Hyland isn’t near ready for “the league”. From a physical standpoint alone, he needs four years.

·
Piker
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,129
He’d be nuts. Hyland isn’t near ready for “the league”. From a physical standpoint alone, he needs four years.
He is being listed in some first round mock drafts. I agree with you but circumstances make players go for it. I am sure he will declare and get looked at.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
NBA GMs figured out what baseball GMs have known for decades. You can suck so hard at drafting guys that you've ruined the franchise, but if they're all crazy young guys who need four years of development, you can escape before the shit hits the fan.

·
Piker
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,131
NBA GMs figured out what baseball GMs have known for decades. You can suck so hard at drafting guys that you've ruined the franchise, but if they're all crazy young guys who need four years of development, you can escape before the shit hits the fan.
The writing is on the wall for Bones to go. He will get a contract and then develop. Doesn’t need to be scoring 15 a game right off the bat. VCU is actively looking at transfers at his combo guard position.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
The writing is on the wall for Bones to go. He will get a contract and then develop. Doesn’t need to be scoring 15 a game right off the bat. VCU is actively looking at transfers at his combo guard position.
I don't know. I thought as a guaranteed lottery pick he needed to contribute right away.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I think it makes sense for him to declare but not hire an agent

·
Piker
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,136
I don't know. I thought as a guaranteed lottery pick he needed to contribute right away.
Huh? That would be nice if he was a guaranteed lottery pick.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,606 Posts
Cue the “Jaylen’s better!” chants when the Colonials visit the Reilly Center. Shades of Zach Marbury visiting with URI.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Huh? That would be nice if he was a guaranteed lottery pick.
That's a joke about both sides doubling down on Bones' NBA prospects on our board...
"He going to be drafted"
"He's not even great in the A-10"
"He's going to be lottery pick this year"
"He wouldn't even start on any other A-10 team"

Talk about escalation....

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
I'm going to post this article not to discuss the waste of space that this article takes up on a server somewhere, but because of one tiny tidbit within it. I also throw out the reminder that I am a big proponent of "media markets are dying metrics of relevance," but it's the offseason, so here it is.

Fox originally didn’t approach the Big East since that league didn’t exist yet as it is presently constituted. The original overture, according to an A-10 source, was the A-10. Don’t jump to the wrong conclusion here. The A-10 wasn’t crazy to say no. Fox was offering far less money than it would eventually throw at the Big East, and deals with more established entities such as ESPN, NBC and CBS made more sense.

“They hadn’t aired anything yet,’' the A-10 source said. “They weren’t plugged in yet.”

6121 - 6140 of 6200 Posts