Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

6401 - 6420 of 6425 Posts

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,409 ·
To piggyback, why is GW doing a H/H with Radford? If you’re going to play a school from a “lower” league, why not stay in DC with Howard and/or American?
So they can see the Blue Ridge and Allegheny mountains and raft the New River?

Oh, Radford usually has a pretty good team.

Reactions: Bill Russell

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,681 Posts
So you can see the Blue Ridge and Allegheny mountains and raft the New River?

Oh, Radford usually has a pretty good team.
Yeah… but so what? A win doesn’t do a thing for GW, but a loss is a bad look for the league.

H/H series, unless it’s with a traditional rival opponent, need to do something for the conference. Otherwise, we need to be buying home games to raise the collective win percentage, and, therefore, the collective SOS.

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,411 ·
Yeah… but so what? A win doesn’t do a thing for GW, but a loss is a bad look for the league.

H/H series, unless it’s with a traditional rival opponent, need to do something for the conference. Otherwise, we need to be buying home games to raise the collective win percentage, and, therefore, the collective SOS.
I won't touch this. Maybe our resident OOC scheduling expert will weigh in.

Reactions: Bill Russell

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,681 Posts
I won't touch this. Maybe our resident OOC scheduling expert will weigh in.
Haha. After my last post, I realized I had just chummed the waters for JP.

Maybe GW has a player from the Radford area? It isn’t a big deal, but those types of series (and Bona has done them… believe me) have always irked me.

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,413 ·

Maybe GW has a player from the Radford area? It isn’t a big deal, but those types of series (and Bona has done them… believe me) have always irked me.
I have my own problems with VCU having a pissing match with LSU and canceling that for a H&H with Vandy. Also, not much scheduling news on my team front.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts

Haha. JP would say you are right. Radford would be a good buy game as AA noted, they have been pretty good recently. Playing there is a bad idea. I feel like such a hypocrite though. We (Bona fans) hate that nobody will play us in the mountains or even Rochester or Buffalo and then we big time teams below us too.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts

Maybe it is in the contract of all former VCU assistants that when they become a head coach, they are required to have a H/H with all other assistants who are now head coaches? ;)

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,416 ·
Maybe it is in the contract of all former VCU assistants that when they become a head coach, they are required to have a H/H with all other assistants who are now head coaches? ;)
That would have worked but Darris Nichols took over for Mike Jones at Radford. Your scenario would be valid if Christian scheduled UNCG.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts

I'm not sure even traditional rivals should get a pass, at least on a regular basis, particularly when they make little or no effort to maintain or improve the quality of their programs. Yes, I'm talking to you Canisius and Niagara. I don't have a problem with them on the schedule, but I'd offer them only a H/N series. If they really want the home game, I'd consider 2 for 1, take it or leave it.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,681 Posts
I'm not sure even traditional rivals should get a pass, at least on a regular basis, particularly when they make little or no effort to maintain or improve the quality of their programs. Yes, I'm talking to you Canisius and Niagara. I don't have a problem with them on the schedule, but I'd offer them only a H/N series. If they really want the home game, I'd consider 2 for 1, take it or leave it.
Oh, I totally agree. That ultimatum needed to be asserted years ago.

6401 - 6420 of 6425 Posts