Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
6521 - 6540 of 6555 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hawks get a commitment from 6'-8" swingman Rasheer Fleming out of Camden (NJ) High, one of the more legendary HS programs in the Garden State. Not terribly heralded himsel but considered by many to be rapidly rising. Hawks have profitted from signing those kinds of guys in the past--guys who were ticketed for the mid-major or lower but got better fast during the summer before their senior years when they signed with the Hawks (before higher profile programs could get interested) and just kept getting better during their HS senior years and on Hawk Hill. See, Charlie Brown and Jordan Hall and also Hakim Hart who get a second chance at recruitment after his second year when he decommited and ended up at Maryland where he's been solid after Martelli got fired. Let's hope Fleming is another one of these guys.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Dayton's OOC:
1/9 -- Illinois-Chicago
11/13 -- UMass-Lowell
11/17 -- Lipscomb
11/20 -- Austin Peay
11/25 -- Miami (FL) ESPN Orlando
11/26 -- Kansas/North Texas ESPN Orlando
11/28 -- Belmont/Drake/Alabama/Iona ESPN Orlando
12/1 -- Alabama State
12/4 -- Northern Illinois
12/8 -- @ Southern Methodist
12/12 -- Virginia Tech
12/18 -- @ Mississippi
12/21 -- Southern

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Dayton's OOC:
1/9 -- Illinois-Chicago
11/13 -- UMass-Lowell
11/17 -- Lipscomb
11/20 -- Austin Peay
11/25 -- Miami (FL) ESPN Orlando
11/26 -- Kansas/North Texas ESPN Orlando
11/28 -- Belmont/Drake/Alabama/Iona ESPN Orlando
12/1 -- Alabama State
12/4 -- Northern Illinois
12/8 -- @ Southern Methodist
12/12 -- Virginia Tech
12/18 -- @ Mississippi
12/21 -- Southern
WTF … Two true road games?..

·
Piker
10,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,524 ·
WTF … Two true road games?..
I think VCU only has two road games against Vanderbilt and ODU. All the rest are home or the neutral site tournament in Atlantis.

Reactions: Steve81

·
Piker
10,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,526 ·
VCU is getting better at scheduling
They have been good with scheduling. Not sure how this one will shake out. Lots of home games they better not lose. Hopefully some of them will do better than I think the will.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
They have been good with scheduling. Not sure how this one will shake out. Lots of home games they better not lose. Hopefully some of them will do better than I think the will.
i was joking. The Flyer’s were criticized for not playing a true road game in 19/20.

·
Piker
10,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,528 ·

i was joking. The Flyer’s were criticized for not playing a true road game in 19/20.
Gotcha. I was not taking a past slight as the reasoning for your post. In those kind of schedules like UD and VCU have with only two true road games the season schedule sets up like this in my mind...win those home buy games. All of them. Do not sh*t the bed in the early season tournament. Get a win or two. Get out of the OOC with only a couple losses and then escape conference play with no more than six losses. If the conference is in good standing during the season then you have yourself a good NCAA al-large resume.

·
Piker
10,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,534 ·
Wonder if the A10 will release conference schedule dates today. Last year they released them on the 6th.

6521 - 6540 of 6555 Posts