Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
6561 - 6580 of 6610 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Interesting. They list Lofton and Holmes as juniors. If Bona gets another year from their class in 2022-23, then I might drink the east coast dry.

Edit to add: Dayton is WAY too low in that forecast. It won’t surprise me if they compete for the league title this year.
Placing Golden on an all conference team ahead of Osun Osunniyi speaks volumes about the quality of the projection.

I joke about the “Fire Grant” thing, but if the Flyers finish 6th or 7th his seat is going to get awfully warm. Personally I believe this year’s squad will compete for the league title. Dayton has the highest ceiling in the A10 and on paper the most talent.

·
Piker
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,562 ·
Placing Golden on an all conference team ahead of Osun Osunniyi speaks volumes about the quality of the projection.

I joke about the “Fire Grant” thing, but if the Flyers finish 6th or 7th his seat is going to get awfully warm. Personally I believe this year’s squad will compete for the league title. Dayton has the highest ceiling in the A10 and on paper the most talent.
Golden was heard screaming, I'm 24! I'm a grown man!

Reactions: JAF_1962

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
He has some nice below-the-rim skills, but, as an all around big man, can’t hold Osun’s jock.
Well, in their 2 meetings, they both had the same points, 7 and 13...so I'm not quite sure about the jock holding deal.
We'll play twice this year, and see what happens.
Assume "Dayton with the highest ceiling" and "the most talent" is akin to pre-season championship, or something.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Well, in their 2 meetings, they both had the same points, 7 and 13...so I'm not quite sure about the jock holding deal.
Assume "Dayton with the highest ceiling" and "the most talent" is akin to pre-season championship, or something.
Winning multiple conference championships over the last five years makes Dayton ineligible for the Preseason Championship.

·
Piker
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,566 · (Edited)
Winning multiple conference championships over the last five years makes Dayton ineligible for the Preseason Championship.
When did that happen? Last time I checked the only one is 2003. By the way, UMass (5) and St Joe's (4) have the most championships (of the current A10 teams).

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
When did that happen? Last time I checked the only one is 2003. By the way, UMass (5) and St Joe's (4) have the most championships (of the current A10 teams).
Are you saying it helps to play at home?

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,809 Posts
I am splitting hairs but the A10 champion is the winner of the A10 tournament. I guess regular season champs can order a banner.
Yes. Xavier fans used to do this. They’d cite their many A10 championships, but most were regular season titles. It’s fine to celebrate those, obviously, but a distinction should be made. The tournament champ, after all, is the one who receives the automatic bid.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Weren't there 3 meetings?

With combined stats of:
Golden - 32 Points, 22 Rebounds, 14 Assists, 6 Turnovers, 4 Blocks, 0 Steals in 103 Minutes
Osun - 31 Points, 27 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 2 Turnovers, 3 Blocks, 1 Steals in 105 Minutes

But most important stat SBU 3-0 by 3, 4, & 9 points...

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Yes. Xavier fans used to do this. They’d cite their many A10 championships, but most were regular season titles. It’s fine to celebrate those, obviously, but a distinction should be made. The tournament champ, after all, is the one who receives the automatic bid.
Just to unsplit the hair, Xavier had 4 conference tournament championships (auto-qualifier). Only UMass has more.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

VCU doesn’t get enough credit but at least they put some effort in to research

·
Piker
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,576 ·

VCU doesn’t get enough credit but at least they put some effort in to research
It's all good. Let's play the games!

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,809 Posts
Just to unsplit the hair, Xavier had 4 conference tournament championships (auto-qualifier). Only UMass has more.
Yes, but I’m sure more long time posters here remember some XU fellows citing more without qualifying. Not that it matters, but I remember that being a point of contention here 8-10 years ago.

·
Piker
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,579 ·
Absolutely. A team with the defensive pieces of VCU’s will be in the thick of things at the top. Plenty of experience in the system, too. They’ll be good.
I heard today that Jamir Watkins might have gotten hurt. With Ace Baldwin recovering from his achilles injury that is not welcome news. VCU has depth though.

·
Piker
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,580 ·
Ummm, you are forgetting Temple who has the most.

Reactions: Bill Russell
6561 - 6580 of 6610 Posts