Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
6581 - 6600 of 6610 Posts

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Ummm, you are forgetting Temple who has the most.
Not at all. They have the most.
The original thought was about current A10 teams with the most.
Then some hair splitting about Xavier's claims, so I thought I'd point that out about their 4; more than any current team except UMass.
Now...back to our regularly scheduled programming.

·
Piker
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,582 ·
Not at all. They have the most.
The original thought was about current A10 teams with the most.
Then some hair splitting about Xavier's claims, so I thought I'd point that out about their 4; more than any current team except UMass.
Now...back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Well, if you include X then Temple is also in the equation.

Reactions: Bill Russell

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I heard today that Jamir Watkins might have gotten hurt. With Ace Baldwin recovering from his achilles injury that is not welcome news. VCU has depth though.
That's not good. Any idea to the extent of it? I saw on IG it looked like he had crutches, but no boot or cast.

·
Piker
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,584 ·
That's not good. Any idea to the extent of it? I saw on IG it looked like he had crutches, but no boot or cast.
I do not. I will let you know if I hear but that is usually released by the athletic dept. Rumblings make it sound like he will not be there to start the season. Awful since VCU has to play Syracuse in the Bahamas and that tournament is loaded. Tough to start the season minus two starters.

·
Piker
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,588 ·
Ace and Watkins are solid starters for VCU and I expected a jump in offensive output this season from Watkins. He was really locked in on his 3 point shot and drives to the basket at the end of last season. This sucks for him. Luckily Rhoades made a good move getting Nunn and Tsohonis along with Jimmy Nichols. They still have the depth to handle this. Some of the freshmen will be ready to contribute as well. I keep hearing great things about Nunn, Kern and DeLoach. We shall see. I feel like I have been playing with house money as a fan since Wade went thru the revolving door. Coach Rhoades and his staff have picked up on recruiting so it will be fun to see how they all mesh as a team.

·
Piker
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,590 ·
Yep, this sucks. Ace was targeting a January return. With him and Watkins out, this is going to be a tough year.
Maybe. VCU still has the Jimmys and the Joes.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Maybe. VCU still has the Jimmys and the Joes.
Yep. I wasn't saying it would be bad, just tough without those guys. With a lot of new faces, having two of our top freshmen coming back was important. It was going to be interesting to see how they filled in for Bones. We'll have to see early how all the new guys will come together.

·
Piker
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,592 · (Edited)
Yep. I wasn't saying it would be bad, just tough without those guys. With a lot of new faces, having two of our top freshmen coming back was important. It was going to be interesting to see how they filled in for Bones. We'll have to see early how all the new guys will come together.
I really like Nick Kern the Slim Reaper who hails from St. Louis. He is growing too. A long aggressive guard. I hope he gets early run because he has that dawg in him. Judging from last year, Coach Rhoades will not have an issue with playing freshmen that show they can contribute right away.

·
Piker
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,596 ·
Here's a deep dive prediction for the upcoming season with a lot of analytics thrown in there. If this was shard on the Hawk board, the ever-optimistic denizens of that club would be apoplectic. Personally, I think the Hawks will be better than that due in no small part to their weak schedule.

Three Man Weave Atlantic 10 2021-22 Preview
You are late to the party. Check back one page. You will not be allowed past the velvet rope.

Reactions: BrownIndians85

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I really like Nick Kern the Slim Reaper who hails from St. Louis. He is growing too. A long aggressive guard. I hope he gets early run because he has that dawg in him. Judging from last year, Coach Rhoades will not have an issue with playing freshmen that show they can contribute right away.
I like the new guys a lot, too. I think there is a high ceiling with them and wasn't overly concerned with the Bones departure. But no doubt it's going to be much harder now without Ace and Jamir.

·
Piker
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,598 ·
I like the new guys a lot, too. I think there is a high ceiling with them and wasn't overly concerned with the Bones departure. But no doubt it's going to be much harder now without Ace and Jamir.
It ain’t ever easy. Let’s go!

Reactions: JonBoy

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Anybody know when media day is? A quick google search yielded nothing

6581 - 6600 of 6610 Posts