Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
8021 - 8040 of 8063 Posts

· Piker
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,026 ·
All that I remember when they got screwed was angst on here and Will Wade and Phil Martelli going off about it in their NCAA pressers. Maybe it wasn't Martelli. Now I can't remember. I do remember Martelli talking about weed in his California presser though. I miss that guy. I do know Wade went off about it.

· Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,585 Posts
All that I remember when they got screwed was angst on here and Will Wade and Phil Martelli going off about it in their NCAA pressers. Maybe it wasn't Martelli. Now I can't remember. I do remember Martelli talking about weed in his California presser though. I miss that guy. I do know Wade went off about it.
Yes. Wade and Martelli really went to bat for SBU that year. It was a disgraceful snub—one led by Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione (not the awesome Red Sox radio broadcaster), who worked tirelessly to shoehorn Tulsa into the field. He had direct ties to the Tulsa AD. While it didn’t come close to making up for it, Bona feeding OU shit burger last March was decent.

· Piker
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,035 ·
Talk about a weird season....VCU received two votes in the AP Top 25 poll. One more than UNC :ROFLMAO:

· Piker
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,040 ·
Just a guess, but it makes sense that a “homer” would vote that way. If I felt that the Billikens should be ranked in the top 25, and they actually received a couple of votes, I would be ticked if one of them wasn’t from our beat writer.
Like I said, VCU does not have a beat writer right now. The reporter left to take a job in the private sector. The Richmond Times Dispatch cut a bunch of jobs and they are sharing duties so three or four reporters cover VCU. I am pretty sure the two votes came from out of state.

8021 - 8040 of 8063 Posts