Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1301 - 1320 of 4452 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
It's amazing. Year after year, Rothstein goes to these places and makes them all sound like the second coming. Mind you, these schools PAY for these suck fests. I've had some friends in athletics forward me emails about Jonny Boy offering up his hype services for a fee.
We were convinced that Rothstein and Pecora were eating on Arthur Ave as Pecora told him what to tweet. Our donations at work. It is year 2 since Pecora was canned and Rothstein has not been back since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and used to be a huge men's college BB fan. Any thoughts on where Fordham will finish this year? They finally had a winning record last year and appear to have some talent on this year's roster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a feeling you'll fit right in here.
I probably won't be here much. Just seeking an answer to a question. They finished 8th in a 14-team league last year and have a number of 3 star recruits in recent years, which is saying something compared to where they've been in the past. I'm not thinking they're going to win the league title. They did go 8-10 in the league last year. Is 9-9 or 10-8 possible this year?

·
Registered
664 Posts
^ I think they'll probably finish about the same in 16-17 as they did last season. Losing Rhoomes and Thomas is tough, but their grad transfer from EKU should be able to step in. I don't think Chartouny is going to take as big a step forward as most freshmen do as he was already 21 or so as a freshman.

·
Piker
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,311 (Edited)
I probably won't be here much. Just seeking an answer to a question. They finished 8th in a 14-team league last year and have a number of 3 star recruits in recent years, which is saying something compared to where they've been in the past. I'm not thinking they're going to win the league title. They did go 8-10 in the league last year. Is 9-9 or 10-8 possible this year?
For the last couple of years I thought Fordham would make a jump but Pecora never had success. I think more than the "talent" of the Fordham players they have a very good coach in Neubauer. He preaches tough D which always gives a team the opportunity to win. I believe Fordham can have a record of 10-8 in the league but road wins are hard to come by in the league.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
A lot will depend upon how Fordham's home/home A10 opponents shake out. Also, I believe the Rams are playing fewer OOC games at home this year, so their overall win total could be similar (or even a tick lower) despite the actual team improving.

·
Piker
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,313
The Atlantic 10
Championship
March 8 - March 12

comes to PPG Paints Arena for the first time in 35 years! Join us for this week long event and see some of the best in college basketball!! Purchase your All-Session packages before the public.

Presale Begins: Tuesday, October 11 @ 10AM
Presale Ends: Monday, October 17 @ 10PM

Use offer code: BASKET

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/160051289E662222?brand=ppgpaintsarena

·
Piker
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,317
The Dukes also got a commitment from SF John Walker III. Cue the liquor jokes.
At a bar in Olean, the man on Mark Schmidt's left tells the bartender, "Johnnie Walker, single." The bartender walks over to Mark and asks, "and you sir?" Mark replies, "Mark Schmidt, married."

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
At a bar in Olean, the man on Mark Schmidt's left tells the bartender, "Johnnie Walker, single." The bartender walks over to Mark and asks, "and you sir?" Mark replies, "Mark Schmidt, married."
At a bar in Olean, the man on Mark Schmidt's left tells the bartender, "Johnnie Walker, single." The bartender walks over to Mark and asks, "and you sir?" Mark replies, "Single? What a rookie."

·
Piker
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,319
At a bar in Olean, the man on Mark Schmidt's left tells the bartender, "Johnnie Walker, single." The bartender walks over to Mark and asks, "and you sir?" Mark replies, "Single? What a rookie."
OK
At a bar in Pittsburgh, the man on Jim Ferry's left tells the bartender, "Johnnie Walker, single." The bartender walks over to Jim and asks, "and you sir?" Jim replies,"I thought Johnnie had "talent!"

1301 - 1320 of 4452 Posts