Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder at what value Orlando would trade Mr. Arron Afflalo. Hamilton and Chicago's 2013 1st for Afflalo? Obviously, they are getting another draft pick. This might be the best pick that they will get in the Howard trade. And Hamilton's salary comes off the book after this season.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
I wonder at what value Orlando would trade Mr. Arron Afflalo. Hamilton and Chicago's 2013 1st for Afflalo? Obviously, they are getting another draft pick. This might be the best pick that they will get in the Howard trade. And Hamilton's salary comes off the book after this season.
Who is more important, Afflalo or Taj Gibson? I'd say it would depend on who we are targeting in FA if we are active in pursuing a max FA. I don't want to sign Afflalo, extend Gibson, and just roll with Boozer for the next two seasons. I'd rather only one and have 12-13 or 13-14 offseason to go after guys. If it is a frontcourt player, you trade for Afflalo. Now you have an asset in Taj Gibson to go out with someone like Deng and a pick for said guy:

For a frontcourt player:
Rose
Afflalo
Butler
Bynum (let's just say)
Noah

If it's for a wing player:
Rose
Harden (let's just say)
Butler
Gibson
Noah

I think I like team #1 better than team #2, but it would depend on who is attainable. After looking at it further, I think I like team #1 better even if the PF is Kevin Love (which I hope is our worst case scenerio).

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I don't think Love and Noah would work well. For all the good things he does, Kevin Love doesn't control the paint on defense or protect the rim, and Noah's a bit skinny to do those two things by himself. It's why pairing Love with the 290-pound Nikola Pekovic was such a success. If Chicago did go out and get Love, they'd also need a change in the middle.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
I don't think Love and Noah would work well. For all the good things he does, Kevin Love doesn't control the paint on defense or protect the rim, and Noah's a bit skinny to do those two things by himself. It's why pairing Love with the 290-pound Nikola Pekovic was such a success. If Chicago did go out and get Love, they'd also need a change in the middle.
I'm not in love with Love, but how does this differ from having Boozer defensively? We have one of the worst starting defensive players in the league, and our system actually lets him have a good defensive rating despite all that we see on the court. Love would be a significant improvement on the offensive end as well.

I don't think that he is THE difference maker. I just hope the consolation prize is not any lower than him.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
When you have Boozer everyone acknowledges that he's been a problem and most likely needs to go. If you bring in Kevin Love you're bringing him in, presumably, to be your power forward for a half-decade or better, and Noah's no longer the more valuable player in the frontcourt. I still say the next move should be to try to move Boozer and some sweetener to the Nets for Humphries. Brooklyn obviously isn't too concerned with fiscal responsibility and already knows that Boozer plays well with Williams, and it gives Chicago a big expiring contract(attached to a competent frontcourt player) to build a blockbuster around next summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts