Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
appears ron ron is stirrin up some good old fashioned media feudin, DPOY candidate vs DPOY candidate

Sam Amick of THE SACRAMENTO BEE writes, "If Ron Artest is crying foul about defense, something must be awry. And while the Kings' small forward clarified that he and (Bruce) Bowen remain on good terms, he said Bowen's tactics were nothing short of bad play."
link

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
its soooooo tru wat he says, they are both defensive geniuses and Ron knows wat hes talkin bout, Ron does it fairly cleanly, well comepared to bowen anyways, nearly ever SG/SF hates Bruce Bowen's style of play, and why wouldnt ya.....Ron Artest for DPOY

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Arti said:
Meh, I think that players guarded by Ron Artest are afraid that he's just gonna flip out and tackle him. Then again, Bowen has the kung fu kick factor...

Seriously though, as a Mavs fan, I remember Dirk recently lighting up Ron Artest. I don't think he has ever litten up Bruce Bowen.
thats because nowitzki is an offensive force, not a martial artist. he cant counteract bowens D

Reactions: bbasok

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,825 Posts
Pimped Out Questions Artest's Sanity

now that we have gotten that outta way, while bowen has done some dirty things, he is an amazing despite even without the undercutting or kung fu. the guys is completely unrivaled as the best off the ball defender in the league. denying his man position, fronting in the post, stopping any entry passes, sticking to him man like glue, absolutely no one in the league can do those things like bowen, he isnt the great on ball defender that artest is, but bowen frustrates an opponent before they ever touch the ball. that frustration leads to bad shots, offensive fouls, turnovers. whether or not everyone can see that past his antics, there is no doubt in my mind that he is the best off the ball defender in the league. the reason he doesnt get lit up often is he doesnt give the guy the shots they need to get hot. he messes with them before they even have a chance to get rolling.

Go NeTs

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Woohoo 100 potststs. 101 Counting this one

·
Elite Member
15,150 Posts
Yup, pretty much what anyone will tell you. Bowen is a great defender without all the dirty tactics and cheap shots. But he's smart in that he does as much as the refs allow him to. Can't fault a player for that.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,792 Posts
Then I'm guessing pulling a players shorts clear down to his ankles before he catches the ball is perfectly clean and legitimate?

I like Ronny but he need not be a hypocrite. Bruce Bowen and Ron Artest are the best perimeter defenders in the league, and it's not because they play clean. They play in your jersey and piss off opposing players as much as they piss off opposing fans.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
OOOOHH Patch...good point. repped. seems like no one has anything to say about that one. IMO if bruce has done enough to get ron artest complaining about his defense, he is darn good. however i dont think either should win this year. AK would get my vote.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Bowen's the type of defender that doesn't let you see daylight, he blocks your view and limits every movement you make, he'll be up on your grill all day long...

Artest is the type off defender that is a little sneaky, he'll give you some space to dribble but when you do, he swiftly reaches and gets the steal, but they both will be up your grill everywhere you go

·
Registered
362 Posts
I still remember a few years ago when Bowen won DPOY and Artest said he was the real DPOY and challenged Bowen to a 1 on 1 match to prove who really deserved the award. :biggrin:

·
18,825 Posts
iverson101 said:
Shooting a players wife, cutting her head off and mailing it to the player before the game would be a good way to take them out of it. Would you advocate that? Effective does not make it okay.
beating the crap out of fans is a good way to make sure they dont cheer and your opponent doesnt get a home court advantage. anyone who did that would be.... ummmm... considered the best defender in the league?

Go NeTs

·
Banned
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pimped Out said:
beating the crap out of fans is a good way to make sure they dont cheer and your opponent doesnt get a home court advantage. anyone who did that would be.... ummmm... considered the best defender in the league?

Go NeTs
he clearly kicked their a$$es because that one guy threw a cup at him damn, get your facts straight

·
18,825 Posts
pmac34 said:
he clearly kicked their ***es because that one guy threw a cup at him damn, get your facts straight
and bruce bowen never cut off a guys head to take the player outta the game, but if people are gonna make ****in stupid to make their point, im gonna answer them with **** that doesnt make sense either. everytime there is a thread about bowen you get the "if you break a players leg, is that good defense" or "if i shoot a players wife in the head, is that good defense" or other brain dead responses like that. so i decided to answer it with something half as stupid, and apparently that bothers the bowen haters so it did what it was suppose to.

·
Registered
429 Posts
it is a lot harder to play good defense legally. i play ball with at the rec where there are no refs, and these guys can play really good "defense" by using two hands pushing you all the time, and body checking you , etc, etc. i think this is the same type of defense bowen plays, a lot of dirty, and illegal tricks that are not visible to the ref's to keep you from scoring. a lot of playing basketball is doing as much as you can without getting caught, but bowen, he takes it onto another level. if bowen played legit defense, i don't think he would be nearly as effective. with all this said... ARTEST FOR DPOY because he actually has some defensive skills.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.