Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Now that our season is officially over, can't he just leave Maryland to get to work here? Sure, they are still in the NIT, but c'mon. He needs to assemble a staff and start recruiting, I am sure Gary Williams can handle the NIT by himself...

·
Registered
341 Posts
I asked my buddy at Maryland (kid who leaked the news to me Lonegan was going to UVM) if he thought he might be at the UVM-Cuse game. He got so mad and said if he was he better give back his paycheck to maryland....

I think they want him there until his contract is up (i dont know when that is)... I mean if you were paying someone to work for you, wouldnt you want them actually working for you? (not like Maryland fired him or anything) made sense to me.

·
Registered
341 Posts
ACatFan said:
To date he has had no contact with any of the guys in Vermont. The word the players had is that Williams wanted him to remain focused on Maryland until their run ended (this was prior to the end of the regular season) once it was done he was free focus on UVM
what i figured, and it makes the most sense.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Obviously, being a UVM fan, I'd want him in Burlington this morning if possible...actually, I'd want him on the recruiting trail, but you get what I mean. However, you're absolutely right: He's still an assistant coach with Maryland, and will be until Maryland is done playing. That was the deal, and he should stick to it. He made a commitment to those guys, and should honor it as such. Yeah, they're only playing in the NIT...but this is Maryland we're talking about. I imagine they don't want to settle for anything less than winning the NIT, just to save a little face. And if Gary Williams needs 3 assistants to help him do that, then that's how it's gonna be.

This is why I was hoping Maryland would make the tourney...they'd be eliminated by now. So if you're a UVM fan right now, start rooting for Davidson on Wednesday! Go Wildcats!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Alright Lonergan, now that you are done with the Terps... Lets get the show on the road and do some recruiting for Vermont!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts