Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...ry/LAC/20050328/RAPTORS28/TPSports/Basketball

As the Toronto Raptors' season continues to lurch toward what most certainly will be an unhappy, if not just, conclusion, general manager Rob Babcock is not about to engage in any "I told you so" discussions.

The Raptors' rookie GM never set the playoffs as the team's goal for his inaugural season after he was handed the keys to the foundering franchise last June.

Still, it was somewhat surprising to hear Babcock, after a season chock full of controversy and intrigue -- the latest being that he and first-year coach Sam Mitchell are feuding over personnel decisions -- insist that the Raptors have met his expectations this season.

"Actually, the team's performing about as well as I thought it would," Babcock said in an interview on Saturday before his team beat the bottom-feeding Atlanta Hawks in Atlanta 109-104.

Babcock said he has been pleased with the job that Mitchell has done with the team.

And he shot down reports that he and his coach have not been seeing eye to eye as of late pertaining to the development of Rafael Araujo, the struggling Brazilian rookie, who recently found his way back to the bench after 37, mostly unsatisfactory, starts at centre.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Still, it was somewhat surprising to hear Babcock, after a season chock full of controversy and intrigue -- the latest being that he and first-year coach Sam Mitchell are feuding over personnel decisions -- insist that the Raptors have met his expectations this season.
Where did they get this idea from? Why does the media continually make up these stories, they aren't good for the team, or its fans. It's stupid.

Anyways, I remember when Babcock took the job he said that this team's goal wasn't to make the playoffs this seaseon. This took many people by surprised, myself included, but I soon realized Babcock's plan to build for the future.
It's going to definately take some time, but in the end it'll be worth the wait.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts