Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Stern needs to give wakeu-up calls to Jess Kersey and Steve Javie as well. That's be a nice start.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Joey Crawford is a pig-faced jackass. I can't stand refs who
think they more important than the game.

The tossing of Nelson while he said not one word but because
he did not sit on Crawford's command had me in such a state
that I ( and Crawford ) are lucky I was not at the game.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mavsman</b>!
Joey Crawford is a pig-faced jackass. I can't stand refs who
think they more important than the game.

The tossing of Nelson while he said not one word but because
he did not sit on Crawford's command had me in such a state
that I ( and Crawford ) are lucky I was not at the game.
Now, C'mon. Tell us how you really feel! It's not good to hold in emotions for too long.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Originally posted by <b>fl_flash</b>!
Yea, Crawford is the old, bald one.
OK, then he sucks. Along with Steve Javie, Mark Wunderlich, Hue Hollins and, let's see, 90% of the other refs.

Props though to Danny Crawford for consistently being a good ref and for not being egotistical and hot-headed. He's the best ref I can think of.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
There's one I like, I think its Dick Bavetta (sp?), I'm not sure though.

Crawford is a dick though.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Where do they get these guys/gals and how do they make it into the NBA? A referee is still deserved as much respect as the biggest star in the NBA. He/she shouldn't have to take insults and what not. When those insults come, he/she has all the right to throw out a technical. But referees like Jabbey, Crawford, etc. are just ridiculous. They instigate these arguments and step way of their bounds. I think it was Joey Crawford who tossed Payton from the Philly/LA game for saying something to another ref. The ref Payton was talking to didn't find the need to toss Gary, so why did Crawford (or whoever it was)? As he told Phil Jackson, "I was protecting my teammate." What the hell? Your teammate? You aren't part of the game, Joey. If your partner wants to throw Gary because of the insults, that's perfectly fine. But if he's sucking it up stay the hell out of it. Put your whistle back in your mouth and get ready to trot your fat *** back down the court. These guys are unbelievable.

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
Bulls fans and Hue Hollins should have long standing beef...anybody remember the phantom call against Pippen in the 94 Semis vs the Knicks or how bout the foul on Reggie in the regular season that cost the Bulls a game. When they were good, Hollins did whatever he could to cost them the game, luckily Jordan did a lot more to win them the game.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts