Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sports_story.asp?intid=38023148

Eddy attributes his success to Tyson coming back. However the article does suggest otherwise...
OK, here's another theory. Curry has averaged 25.0 points and 8.3 rebounds while shooting 61 percent in the last three games because those extra workouts prescribed by Bulls coach Scott Skiles are paying off. That's the coach's own assessment.

"I'm excited for him, because I know he's working harder than he ever has in his life," Skiles said about Curry. "In talking to him, I know he knows it's paying off for him."

Asked if he's working harder than he ever has in his life, Curry probably flashed back to his senior year at Thornwood High School.

That's when he began working out with personal trainer Tim Grover and transformed himself into the quick, agile mini-Shaq that became the No. 4 pick of the 2001 draft.

"I agree with coach," Curry said after a pause. "Extra work is definitely paying off. I just feel good about the results.
I didn't know Grover worked w/ Eddy his senior year in HS. Hmm..... interesting. Time to change things up Eddy ;) The old school Skiles approach may just be working. Who needs Grover anyways?! :D

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
I remember seeing Eddy early in his senior year and he was literally a fat guy. Then, when I saw him in the McDonald's game, he had slimmed down a bit and I remember him thanking Tim Grover during his postgame interview.

Eddy's conditioning has definitely been a big contributor to his play. He was able to play 40+ minutes in two straight games. NOWAY he could have done that a few weeks ago. Tyson returning has to help, too, if only by motivating Eddy to play with more energy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts