Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Faithful Find Time for Warriors

HOW IN the name of sanity do they do it, year after year after painful year? How do terminally flogged Warriors fans continue to show up in droves when the Arena in Oakland is Losersville?

It must be a brain malfunction, if not pity or masochism, for these same fans to turn out at a record pace to support an embarrassment of a franchise that will miss the NBA playoffs for the 11th consecutive season.

Stubbornly loyal is a gross understatement when applied to Warriors fans, who could teach patience to Job. The Warriors drew record attendance the last two seasons even though they haven't had a winning season since 1993-94.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Great article! I've been a die-hard Warriors fan ever since i was knee high. I wish i could afford season tickets like those guys. A lot people say i'm crazy for rooting for the Warriors, but i just can't see it any other way. Even if i moved to another city i'd still follow my team as best as i could. A Lakers fan or a Spurs fan could never know the joy and satisfaction that a Warriors fan feels when our team beats theirs. It's the Rocky factor i think. The chip on your shoulder when you're the underdog.

I wonder if i'd still feel the same sense of pride if/when the Warriors are considered an elite team. OF COURSE I WOULD. Because the tougher the journey the sweeter the reward. There's a light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope we reach it before i croak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts