Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all should read the article. This is in today’s LA Times, of all places. You may need to register to view the entire article. If you wish not to register, just PM me and I’ll copy and paste it to you. Then most of you won’t want to read it since it says what I’ve been saying and even uses phrases I use e.g., LA fans have been ‘duped’:

EXCERPT:

Looking Up At Pedestal Gives Distorted View

He was married young against the advice of teammates. He stuck by Vanessa despite animosity from his father. He was a man who put himself high on a moral perch.

Thus, he falls longer and harder than the likes of Allen Iverson, whose image survived assault charges because he used to portray himself as a gangster.

Those who believed in Bryant feel duped. Those who thought he was too good to be true were right.

In this matter, beyond all shadows of doubt, he already has been proven to possess poor judgment.

The Lakers, meanwhile, showed questionable judgment by hosting and sanctioning his innocence-declaring news conference.

In such matters, for fear of appearing to gang up on alleged victims, sports teams usually only offer a statement of support.

Bryant's news conference eerily occurred at the same place where, less than two hours later, the WNBA's Sparks hosted the Houston Comets.

Women celebrating female empowerment, preceded by a man professing his innocence on charges of sexual assault. A strange, sad, shiver of a day.

Bill Plaschke can be reached at [email protected].

LINK:

Looking Up At Pedestal Gives Distorted View

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey Raider....how come you didn't also put up the phrases in the same paper that paint him much better, showing a balanced appraisal?

Aww .....what's the use in trying to get you to be balanced and impartial......that's a lost cause.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by <b>steadyeddy</b>!
Hey Raider....how come you didn't also put up the phrases in the same paper that paint him much better, showing a balanced appraisal?

Aww .....what's the use in trying to get you to be balanced and impartial......that's a lost cause.
The link is attached for anyone wanting to find those types of phrases to read the entire article. BTW, there were none.

Besides, why would *I* do that, even if there were positives phrases? I look for printed proof of what I've been telling you for all along. Since, apparently, for you, if it "ain't in the media --- it didn't happen".

And you are correct -- you stand as much chance trying to get me to be "fair and balanced" in this matter as I stand of getting YOU to do the same thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts