1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full Article

Foyle starting to assert his offensive potential

Warriors notebook

OAKLAND -- One game after posing for Amare Stoudemire's latest poster, Warriors center Adonal Foyle registered one of his best performances of the season.

Foyle had a season-high 15 points to go with 16 rebounds and three blocks before fouling out in the second overtime. Granted, injuries have the Spurs down to reserves Nazr Mohammed, Tony Massenberg and Cal-product Sean Marks. But it's the latest in a stretch of productive outings for Foyle.

Foyle is averaging 11 points, 13.7 rebounds and three blocks over his last three games. His recent scoring is especially noteworthy considering he was averaging 4.2 points per game coming into Sunday. Amid talks that all the Warriors need is a low-post scorer, Foyle has shown he can produce some points on occasion.

Most of his points have come from finishes and putbacks. But he has improved his turn-around hook shot, which he used to open the scoring Sunday.

Baron factor

The acquisition of point guard Baron Davis has made an obvious impact on the court. But the Warriors are feeling Davis' impact at the gate. The Warriors have averaged 17,349 fans in nine home dates with Davis. Before his arrival, the Warriors were averaging 15,882 fans per game.

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
The way the offense (Baron) looks to Foyle out of the gate reminds me of Olowokandi's last year with the Clippers, where they set up offensive plays for him to start each game. It kept him in the game mentally. He seemed to play better, and I believe the stats will show that (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3244/career).

Granted, he was probably playing for his next contract, where Foyle just signed one, but getting the ball to players who normally aren't called upon to score usually keeps them mentally in the game more. More aggressive. I think that Foyle is playing over his head offensively, but if feeding him a few chances in the 1st Q means he plays like he has been, I'm all for it.

:clap:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
he's been playing well lately, I noticed that he also dishes out a couple of assists here and there, he had 5 last time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts