Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from jsonline.com:
Mason has been with the Bucks for 181 games since being obtained from Seattle in a 2003 trade, and he has been unable to play just twice. Mason had to sit out Milwaukee's loss to Golden State on Wednesday at the Bradley Center because of a variety of injuries. The only other game he missed with the Bucks was on Feb. 1 against Minnesota, when he had the flu.

Mason's inability to play against the Warriors on Wednesday, when viewed in light of his track record, indicates just how badly he is banged up. He has had ligament damage in fingers of both hands since well before the all-star break. He suffered an abdominal strain March 12 in a game at New Orleans. He has a hip pointer suffered last week in Oakland, and hurt his lower leg Monday against Indiana when teammate Zaza Pachulia fell against him.

But let's let Mason provide the play-by-play.

"I got a hip pointer in the Golden State game," Mason said. "Plus, my fingers. I have my abs over here going on. (Against Indiana) when Zaza fell backwards, his elbow hit me in the shin."

Mason knows injuries can accumulate toward the end of a season but admits that he has never spent this much time in the training room.
Rest of Article

·
Registered
92 Posts
The man is a true Warrior. :boxing: I love the guy and the effort and heart he gives us and our team. He has always played hurt.
I must admit I was not too happy with getting rid of Ray Allen and I am still not and never will be...probaly. But that is in no reflection on DMase.
In fact he was the one guy in the trade that made me calm down and warm up to it days later! The Sonics were foolish to lie to him
and give him up themselves in the first place although you cant argue with it now looking at the Sonics.

But if this young man is who we end up getting for him...I am cool with that and I am very pleased. Surely he should be one of the cornerstones here for a long time.
I heard a lot of good things about him before he came over from Seattle but you never know until you see for yourself...He has been a model NBA Pro as far as I am concerned...and a credit to his his team and town...
I will tell kids to watch him and emulate some of the things you see him do that are representitive of a class act...and true Pro, and a quality MAN. :clap:
No one bad mouths Desmond Mason to me... :naughty: He Joe Smith Michael Redd, Mo, TJ... :pity: are good people you want to see them win so bad. :yes: You want to see them do good...

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
That is a lot of pain to play through. I hope he has a good offseason and recovers nicely. It's a shame so many players can get banged up from the same team.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DMase is the consumate team player....he is a great locker room presence, and he always will give 150% percent, whether or not he is injured. Also, DMase is the Bucks, and NBA's (I think), leader in community appearances....he is just an all around great guy....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Mason is a class guy. He used to do some sort of artwork at Oklahoma state. Does he still do this???

·
Registered
182 Posts
a dunker who has had nagging injuries....will he make the re-emergence that Vince did? Im not saying hes on that same level as Vince, but Mason is a hell of a player. Any team would be happy to have him.

·
#1 Stromile Swift Fan
4,327 Posts
Desmond Mason is just a tough guy and I doubt he misses significant time due to injury... The thought of him playing along side a completely healthy TJ Ford and Michael Redd along with a Lottery Pick make me very excited.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
I know he wants to stay playing and everything but they should just let him sit out for awhile and let him heal because it doesn't pay for him to risk a big injury when we are basically chasing for a top pick in the draft.

·
Registered
242 Posts
MilBucksFan2TheCore said:
The man is a true Warrior. :boxing: I love the guy and the effort and heart he gives us and our team. He has always played hurt.
I must admit I was not too happy with getting rid of Ray Allen and I am still not and never will be...probaly. But that is in no reflection on DMase.
In fact he was the one guy in the trade that made me calm down and warm up to it days later! The Sonics were foolish to lie to him
and give him up themselves in the first place although you cant argue with it now looking at the Sonics.

But if this young man is who we end up getting for him...I am cool with that and I am very pleased. Surely he should be one of the cornerstones here for a long time.
I heard a lot of good things about him before he came over from Seattle but you never know until you see for yourself...He has been a model NBA Pro as far as I am concerned...and a credit to his his team and town...
I will tell kids to watch him and emulate some of the things you see him do that are representitive of a class act...and true Pro, and a quality MAN. :clap:
No one bad mouths Desmond Mason to me... :naughty: He Joe Smith Michael Redd, Mo, TJ... :pity: are good people you want to see them win so bad. :yes: You want to see them do good...
I could not have said it better than you just did!! It would be easy considering our record for a player to not play and rest his injuries. Not Desmond. I've told people that (especially beginning of season) Desmond plays with all his heart and sometimes appears to be the only player doing so. He may not produce stats everyone desires, but never can you question his heart or effort.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Jesus, Desmond is hardcore. That is some real pain he's going through, more respect from me. Even playing for a losing team he's giving it his all.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just can't wait until next year, when Desmond will be able to shine. When the Bucks become good again, the play of Desmond will be examined more closely by the national media, and realize that Desmond is All-Star Quality... :clap:

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Desmond Mason is a super-star type player when he's 100%, which is almost never. If he actually get healthy and into prime shape he could easily be an starter on the all-star team.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts