Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from jsonline.com:
Seattle - Desmond Mason has buried the hatchet.

Mason was a bitter man back in February 2003 when the Seattle SuperSonics traded him to the Milwaukee Bucks in the deal that sent Ray Allen west. According to Mason, the Seattle management had been telling him that he was going to be one of the team's cornerstones for the future, and Mason was looking forward to a long career in the Great Northwest.

Then, suddenly, he was traded to a city and a team that he knew little about. The hard feelings that Mason harbored toward the SuperSonics' management festered for quite some time. But now, as he returns for the second time since the trade to play against his former team, Mason admits that the passage of time has managed to soothe his bitterness.

"All that stuff is gone now," the fifth-year forward said. "That stuff is over with. They just kind of caught me off guard (with the trade). I was young and it was the first time I'd ever been traded so it hurt my feelings a little bit because they had told me some things. But you grow past that and you realize it's a business in the NBA and you can get moved around. You just move on."

Mason said it was a little weird returning to Seattle last season, but admitted that he was looking forward to it this time and reuniting with acquaintances from the past. Mason's return comes about three weeks after Allen returned to the Bradley Center to an extremely enthusiastic welcome on Feb. 27. That, however, was Allen's first time back at the Bradley Center since the trade. Allen was injured last season when the SuperSonics visited Milwaukee.
Whole Story

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: Article: Mason's Bitterniss Subsides

Although it was one of the worst trades in recent NBA history in my opinion, I like Desmond Mason, and I think that him and Michael Redd have formed a nice tandom, one that we can build on for the future.

Cowboy Up! :cowboy:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts