Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for sharing the article. But....You may post links to appropriate articles in your posts, but you cannot post the articles in their entirety. You can quote from the articles, but do so sparingly. Remember, you agree in the Terms of Use to be held legally responsible for your own posts on BasketballBoards.net. Always credit the source when quoting from an article. truebluefan

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Neither Crawford nor Williams said he's been told about either's role in the near future. But when informed Williams appears to be the man, Crawford conceded, "You're probably right.

"But that's fine," Crawford went on to say. "It's doesn't hurt the team to have two point guards who can get the job done. Depending on how well each of us plays, there should be plenty of time for Jay and me."

IMO, that's a good statement (and a classy one) to hear from Jamal.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Meanwhile, Krause is said to have stepped up efforts to trade Crawford before Oct. 30, which is the deadline to exercise the option year on his contract."

Does anyone really believe crawford is going to get traded before Oct 30- that only leaves a week to go-somehow i dont see it- now if mason was healthy maybe but he is not so we cant afford for brunson to be williams' backup

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
its true, brunson would be the back up but Rose, hoiberg, hassell can handle the rock if need be. If we are to believe waht we read, it does look like Crawford might be traded. But then, we can't believe everything we read either

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
Neither Crawford nor Williams said he's been told about either's role in the near future. But when informed Williams appears to be the man, Crawford conceded, "You're probably right.

"But that's fine," Crawford went on to say. "It's doesn't hurt the team to have two point guards who can get the job done. Depending on how well each of us plays, there should be plenty of time for Jay and me."

IMO, that's a good statement (and a classy one) to hear from Jamal.
Agreed. Crawford sees the wisdom in saying the right things...even if he doesn't mean it. After the way he's acted and with the things he's said, why should he all of a sudden turn into Mr. Team Player?

Let me refer you to another segment of that newspiece:

The decision to start Williams is not believed to be related to an incident last week, when Crawford was told to leave practice after he was reluctant to distribute the ball to teammates. According to the source, Crawford had been at odds with Cartwright and his staff on several other occasions during training camp.

The problem came to light once again in the first half against Minnesota on Monday night.

In one sequence, Crawford opted to dribble the ball rather than feed an open Eddy Curry close to the basket. Moments later, after Crawford was unable to solve a pressure defense, he was pulled from the game.

I attended the game with a few friends and I remember this incident specifically. Curry was scoring at will on the Wolves down low. I believe he'd just finished jamming three straight shots home. Crawford all of a sudden starts ignoring Curry and the Bulls hoist up three consecutive long range bombs that all miss their mark. In my section the people in the stands were buzzing in amazement at Crawford's refusal to continue feeding Eddy the ball. Many of us were angry enough that we did our best to let Crawford know before he was removed from the game.

To Jamal's credit, he played his azz off in the second half, and his effort especially on defense was a big factor in helping the Bulls knock off the Wolves.

Cartwright and his staff have to be extremely frustrated with Crawford. He comes at you from so many different angles in so many different ways that you just don't know which Jamal you're dealing with from one day to the next. One day he's defiant, and the next day he's contrite. One game he's selfish and the next game he becomes a condit to victory. I suspect it's this inconsistency in his personality that has him on the trade block. He's a pure talent, no doubt about it. And maybe if he is moved to a team where the PG job is all his, he'll deliver the kind of consistent performance you need from your PG leader.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Personally, I'm totally comfortable with the idea of Rose handling the point duties offensively and putting Trent on the other team's PG.

Also, there are several PGs still out there if we trade Crawford pretty quick. Hardaway, Anthony, Voshon Leonard, who's kind of a combo guard... Strickland, although I wouldn't want him.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DickieHurtz</b>!

Agreed. Crawford sees the wisdom in saying the right things...even if he doesn't mean it. After the way he's acted and with the things he's said, why should he all of a sudden turn into Mr. Team Player?

Let me refer you to another segment of that newspiece:

The decision to start Williams is not believed to be related to an incident last week, when Crawford was told to leave practice after he was reluctant to distribute the ball to teammates. According to the source, Crawford had been at odds with Cartwright and his staff on several other occasions during training camp.

The problem came to light once again in the first half against Minnesota on Monday night.

In one sequence, Crawford opted to dribble the ball rather than feed an open Eddy Curry close to the basket. Moments later, after Crawford was unable to solve a pressure defense, he was pulled from the game.

I attended the game with a few friends and I remember this incident specifically. Curry was scoring at will on the Wolves down low. I believe he'd just finished jamming three straight shots home. Crawford all of a sudden starts ignoring Curry and the Bulls hoist up three consecutive long range bombs that all miss their mark. In my section the people in the stands were buzzing in amazement at Crawford's refusal to continue feeding Eddy the ball. Many of us were angry enough that we did our best to let Crawford know before he was removed from the game.

To Jamal's credit, he played his azz off in the second half, and his effort especially on defense was a big factor in helping the Bulls knock off the Wolves.

Cartwright and his staff have to be extremely frustrated with Crawford. He comes at you from so many different angles in so many different ways that you just don't know which Jamal you're dealing with from one day to the next. One day he's defiant, and the next day he's contrite. One game he's selfish and the next game he becomes a condit to victory. I suspect it's this inconsistency in his personality that has him on the trade block. He's a pure talent, no doubt about it. And maybe if he is moved to a team where the PG job is all his, he'll deliver the kind of consistent performance you need from your PG leader.
Yet another solid post Dickie.

Hey, since you were at the Minnesota game, did you notice Jay Williams congratulate Jamal during the second half run? I saw it on TV actually, and Jay was the first guy off the bench to greet Jamal before a break/tv timeout of some sort. Jay is a class guy all around.

VD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts