Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from journaltimesonline.com:
It was brought to your attention in this space several weeks ago that the Milwaukee Bucks could undergo a series of radical changes after the season.

Here's an update: The scuttlebutt among Bucks and NBA insiders is the Bucks are now seriously looking to change coaches, head and assistant alike. While Terry Porter still has one more year remaining on his contract, it is believed he'll be relieved of his duties with a more experienced replacement likely to be brought in.

Asked about Porter's status before a Bucks' game last week, owner Herb Kohl said, "Talk to Larry.'' Kohl then walked away. Harris is the Bucks general manager and the person who, at least theoretically, will determine whether Porter stays or goes. Harris, queried about Porter's status with the organization for next year, said nothing had "been discussed internally'' by the Bucks' hierarchy.
Rest of Article

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The article also talks about Herb Kohl maybe selling the team to Michael Jordan and a group on investors....as if the offseason won't be interesting enough??

·
Registered
565 Posts
If Kohl sells the team to MJ we can all say goodbye to an NBA franchise in Milwaukee. He wishes to buy a team and move it to Las Vegas.

And about Tery Porter's job . . . what the hell do the Bucks expect?????????? :curse: They have sooooooooo little talent. Michael Redd can't lead this team above mediocrity, Dez, while being one of my favorite players, would be the fourth best player on most title contending teams, and Joe Smith is an okay role player, but an aweful third best player. I like Mo Williams' potential, but right now he's an average point guard. And the bench is atrocious.

This dumbfounding trend of firing coaches without letting them prove themselves is sooooooooo horrible. He friggin was a top three candidate for Coach of the Year last season. Things don't change that effin' much.

I'm starting to think that the Bucks (or at least the Bucks owned by little Herby) will never spend enough to be a contender. The Bucks' future :cry: . . .

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I would give Terry Porter one more season to prove that he can coach this team. He did so well for you guys last season, but this season your team just sucks so there's nothing he could do about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts