Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...970081593064&DPL=IvsNDS/7ChAX&tacodalogin=yes

Committing a season-high 24 turnovers and enduring another long night of not being able to rebound, a sluggish collection of Raptors was throttled 108-96 by the Orlando Magic last night and Jalen Rose is fed up with what's going on.

The loquacious veteran forward, hinting at division in the locker room, blasted unnamed members of the team for not playing together in the wake of the team's 42nd loss of the season, a defeat in which they showed a stunning lack of intensity.

"We didn't play together. We're just out there playing just because it's on the schedule," said a noticeably agitated Rose. "It's disappointing and frustrating.

"A lot of these problems are self-inflicted, the things that happen from the neck up on this team. They are not things I blame the coaching staff for, but things I blame our players for."

As he's said on several occasions this season, Rose suggested new players in new roles have been unable to grasp what he thinks are the nuances of successful basketball, little things that can turn defeats into wins.

"It's maturity, responsibility, know-how and a willingness to play to win instead of just playing to play," Rose said. "I'm not in this just to play or get shots or get my name known. I am in this to win and play in the playoffs.

"It's disappointing, it's frustrating, it's flat-out embarrassing."

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
gotta be Alston he's talking about. Who else is he referring to here..

"I'm not in this just to play or get shots or get my name known"

Rafer is gonna be moved at some point. Not because anyone cares about Jalen, just because Alston is an even bigger hog than Rose. Which is saying a lot.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
You can see why Rose is frustrated.
He had a great stretch of games where he played some spectacular basketball, because he was trying to get us into the playoffs. Now, with our team out of the playoff picture, Rose has struggled the last few games. He's annoyed with what's going on, and I can't blame him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts