Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silas Perfect for Warriors (ok, not really an article but someone's opinion that wrote to the newspaper)

WHEN I GOT the news that Paul Silas was fired, I immediately thought that the Warriors should hire him and send Mike Montgomery back to Stanford.

(Hey, nothing personal. It's just the Cardinal needs to win again).

If Silas, a McClymonds graduate, was offered the job, he would take it — and he already has groomed the best player on the team (Baron Davis) in Charlotte/New Orleans. Now that he's on the market, he'd be perfect for raising a young gun like Andris Biedrins.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
That's ridiculous!! They can't fire the coach after all these great games which we has won....... Forget that article and let Silas go to Stanford! :clown:

·
Registered
811 Posts
I like Silas and all but I'm the type to believe that a coach shouldn't be fired unless he does something wrong or isn't helping the team, both of which Montgomery is doing. I oft-doubted Montgomery in the begininning of the season but I have found myself being fond of him, lately.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I've said on another board: I don't think Silas is much of an upgrade over Montgomery. The only real advantage Silas has is his NBA experience, but Monty has the 'upside'. And also, I never liked Silas' style of offense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts