Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kedrick Brown was phenomenal against washington. He should a great mid range jump shot, and finished w/ strong dunks inside. He also ran hard down the court and got lots of easy buckets. Brown will help the Celtics duo of Walker/Pierce in terms of scoring if he keeps this up. Appearence wise, Brown looks very strong in terms of upper body strength, which helped when he was down low. Brown was by far the best player in the Celtics vs Washington summer league game, although Jeffries for the Wizards also played well the first half, Brown kept at it strong the whole game and showed signs of being a future star.

Joe Forte showed improvement defensively getting a few steals. Concerns about his shooting should lessen, and he seems to have regained his touch even hitting a couple deep shots. Forte pushed the ball up hard and started a few fast break opportunities as well.

Cook played a nice game as well w/ accurate passing and ball handling.

Forte and Cook(if he makes the team) should provide solid backup for the Celtics at this point, we'll have to see how they do w/ more games.

But I leave w/ this, Brown is a basketball stud, watch out...

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
I watched the game. I agree and disagree.

First thing, I wanna see Brown in the dunk contest. This guy can seriously fly. May be the best leaper in the league.

Brown looks like he could be a future star, but he's still got a ways to go. If I were the Celts, I start him at the three and let him learn the hard way. He should be able to do well on athleticism alone.

I've always thought Forte was a good player. When he gets going he's a hell of a scorer.

Cook didnt impress me at all. He's a horrible shooter. Doesnt make good decisions. It may be 4-5 years before this matures enough to be an NBA regular.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am pretty sure that Cook is gonna be facing competition because in today's Herald, the article said that Bremer is going to be invited to camp to either duke it out with Omar or just have a roster spot waiting for him.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forte still needs to add a little body mass, but once he gets a little stronger I think he'll wash away talks of being a waste of a pick.

I think Forte may be able to get backup PG position next year, so Cook or anyone else will have a hard time getting a Roster. You never know.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone see Oliver Miller play, he was decent for someone who had no idea about the Celtics offensive system?

His body is perfect for setting screens :D and he showed quick accurate passing.

His defence wasn't all that great IMO though but he did get back on the defensive end fast.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I think cook has alot of raw talent (I.E. Penetrating the paint, running the floor, alot of speed) But he needs to work on passing and shooting.

Brown was very impressive, I think with a little more playing time, this guy could realy turn into a great player.

Forte showed excellent shooting skills, but still needs to work on defense and passing.

Just my two cents

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
This is something that I have written yesterday during the game...

...Forte is good!

I don't know why people dislike him, they say that he will not develope and has a bad defense. I don't understand that, he is a great guard that should be able to play the one and two, great ball handler that can shoot. All of last season he played like 10 minutes and people expect him to "contribute" to the team. I would start him in front of Kenny and has probably a better defense. Kenny sucks.

Brown, I have heard that he did not have a good game vs. the Nets and that he wasn't agressive, but in the second game he played great,he attacked the basket and play very good defense.

Johnson, I really liked him but doesn't he seem a little soft? He has only dunked the ball once all of last season with the celtics and is not much of an attacker to the basket. Everytime he got the ball for an aly-oop the made a layup out of it

Cook, doesn't he seem like a ball hog? In the second game he tried to shoot so many times and has led the NBDL in assist, what that all about?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts