1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
"If you have a team that's loafing all the time and not winning, that's one thing," Skiles said. "That's not what we have. We have a team that plays hard most of the time. But there are definite points in the game where we let down, and that's hurt us." …
With all the talk about off-season conditioning, anyone want to pick up the the Fred Tedeschi vs. Chip Schaeffer observations I made here?

Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
Another Observation: This wasn't really explicit in my earlier post, but does it seem that we've had a realtively injury prone set of teams over the last few seasons? I'd like to look it up compared to other teams, and maybe I'm just spoiled from seeing a guy like MJ for so long, but it seems to me we haven't been in that great of shape most of the time.

03/04: Chandler, Pippen, Curry have missed significant time.
02/03: Not many injuries, just Fizer and ERob somewhat.
01/02: Jamal's ACL, Artest and ERob were being counted on, and they were hurt. Mercer missed significant time.
00/01: Mercer missed 21 game, Brand and Hoiberg missed 8, Miller (who was fat and out of shape) missed 25, Fizer missed 10, Ruffin was continually breaking his fingers, Bryce Drew's back was all messed up.
99/00: Hoiberg missed most of the season, as did BJ and Hersey Hawkins. Randy Brown was continually hurt. Kukoc was hurt, then traded as soon as he got healthy
98/99: Harper and Barry both missed about 15 games, Brown missed 11 (out of only 50 that year)

I dunno... is that average? Even though most of those guys sucked, they were still counted on to be starters. Of course some injuries are just chance and bad luck, but could part of it be that we didn't know how to prepare ourselves and take care of ourselves on the court? Did Chip Schaefer do a better job than Fred Tedeschi does?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts