Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trade Lamar Odom for the #1 pick of the draft and Jerome Williams. Assuming you could take Okafor with that pick.
And we don't want Caron or Eddie Jones.

·
Registered
345 Posts
NO. Lamar Odom was a great acquisition and has showed everybody that he does have the desire to win by improving his defense and rebounding. This guy is finally breaking out and you're talking about trading him for a pick and a horrible contract? Dream on man. And Heatlunatic, I hope you're joking when you say this rade is tempting.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
It's not a ridiculous proposition, but usually when you make a big free agent signing like the Heat did, and then he plays so well, you don't look to up and trade him.

You have two young jewels in Odom and Wade. I think you should try to trade Jones and Butler so Lamar and Dwyane can play their real positions (3 and 2). With Jones and Butler you could look for a point guard and a center. One trade that I think isn't quite good enough for you guys is Crawford and Antonio Davis for Jones and Butler. I'm sure you've seen this trade before. I think it would be good for both teams, but we may get slightly higher value. AD is more past his prime than EJ.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
no way!

why trade a possible all-star this year (close enough) for a #1 pick and a bad contract?

maybe Okafor becomes a bust or gets hurt. We just wasted signing one of the most versitle players in the league.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
if it is guarenteed that we get okafor, i might consider it

·
Registered
600 Posts
What is Lamars current status in the NBA substance violators policy? This is a very legitimate question, if the proposal is giving up the #1 overall pick (Emeka) which has tremendous trade value.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
in a word: NO

u dont trade your star for a rookie! except if he is lebron james.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Joker</b>!
in a word: NO

u dont trade your star for a rookie! except if he is lebron james.
:yes:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Caron_Butler

This is funny:

"maybe Okafor becomes a bust or gets hurt. We just wasted signing one of the most versitle players in the league."

Odom is one of if not the most-often injured player in the league.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
odom has been playing brilliantly lately.

if both had as much experience, id probably pick okafor, but im not gonna trade odom for him and have us nurse him for a couple of years before he becomes productive.

i like the guy, but no, id rather keep odom any day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts