Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Ask Bill Cartwright a question...

1K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  pduh02 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I had my opportunity to ask Krause a question while he signed my ball (and if you look at that old thread you will notice that my question was given to me by a fellow poster), and I don't think I want to hassle him again with questions, so now I'm moving to my next target. Bill Cartwright. I'll ask him to sign the same ball, and while he does (assuming he does) I'll ask a question based on your questions... I might be able to get more than one in this time too!!

So here's what I'd like to ask now... I'd like to ask him to sign his name with a written prediction of the Bulls success. Be that a number of wins next season, or how many years it will take to make it to the finals. Something of that nature would be nice - or do you think saying something like that might Jinx them. I wonder if Cartwright is superstitious.

Fire away guys...

#2 ·
I wouldn't ask that. Guys don't like to be put on the spot like that. Ask one of the players if you want a response to that question. They will gladly tell you I'm sure.

If you want a guess at the Bulls success next year... Say something like "Do we have any chance at making the playoffs?" He'll probably give you a 2 sentence answer. Hopefully more than just "yeah". If you want to get more specific you can say something like "is 30+ win season a success or is it really playoffs or bust?"

How about a Hassell question..... "Trenton plays such good defense. Does he still have a shot a starting?"

#3 ·
Originally posted by ABull
I wouldn't ask that. Guys don't like to be put on the spot like that. Ask one of the players if you want a response to that question. They will gladly tell you I'm sure.

If you want a guess at the Bulls success next year... Say something like "Do we have any chance at making the playoffs?" He'll probably give you a 2 sentence answer. Hopefully more than just "yeah". If you want to get more specific you can say something like "is 30+ win season a success or is it really playoffs or bust?"

How about a Hassell question..... "Trenton plays such good defense. Does he still have a shot a starting?"
Damn! I like your second question. That's a damn fine one, but I think for reason's you mentioned above he wouldn't want to answer that one either. Why start a Shooting guard controversy? He's already got a point guard controversy. I think BC is one heck of a coach, though I've only seem a couple of games he's coached. Maybe I'll ask him what his greatest weakness as a coach is (after complementing him profusely ofcourse.) :)

#4 ·
:) Yeah I guess I'd just be stirring up trouble. I guess I'm still a holdout in the defense wins philosophy. We lost our defensive leader in Artest. We need someone to replace him at the SG spot. Too bad Hassell isn't 6'7" like Artest. I bet if he was he'd be the starter easy. I'd love to see him get a shot at least though - I know his talent level isn't up there with the others but a little hustle/heart mixed in with some talent can win you alot more games than just talent alone sometimes.

#7 ·
The Artest question is good. I'd ask one of 3 questions:

Does he think a BIG trade is going to happen this year? (I'm not sure he'd answer).

Is Erob's toe 100% healthy?

How much longer do we have to put up with Dali? (it could probably be worded a little bit better, though).

#10 ·
Ask him if he's heard whether or not Kraus and Floyd are still planning their annual fishing trip together this year.

Oh, and if you get a chance to ask a second question, ask him if he thinks Jalen will be OK with playing primarily SF.

#11 ·
IT IS???

Originally posted by HAWK23
krause already said that EROB's toe was healthy
SO, R we to understand that there is no reason why EROB should not be a starting SF and Rose at Guard?? At that rate, Jay Williams would be filling in at PG and SG off the bench, right? EROB should NOT be sitting the bench making $5mil a year, no? IF, he is healthy that is.:no:

#16 ·
Originally posted by Agent911
Ask Bill who his most competitive practice player is - who most hates to lose a single scrimmage?

What head-to-head matchup is most fiercely contested in practice?
ooo, that's a good one, agent911. good work! i'd imagine it to be jay and chandler and hassell as the most competitive.

seeing jay and JC go at it would be sweet, as would curry vs chandler.

#17 ·
Is it Bill Wennington we should give kudo's to for the awesome offensive game TC is displaying this summer?

All together now(synchronized puking) PUKE!

Sorry.

Go Bulls! :)

#18 ·
Originally posted by settinUpShop

seeing jay and JC go at it would be sweet, as would curry vs chandler.
I'm thinking Baxter v. Fizer will be fun. If anyone can light a fire in Marcus, I think it will be Lonny banging away at him.

#20 ·
yeah but...

I'm thinking Baxter v. Fizer will be fun. If anyone can light a fire in Marcus, I think it will be Lonny banging away at him.

Some players if they get beat while on defense, simply try to get back at you when they're on offensive, which doesn't necessarily mean that they increase there intensity on defense - which is what they should be doing. Fizer has a tendancy to do that, which would make this match-up less exciting IMO.

#22 ·
Re: yeah but...

Originally posted by settinUpShop

Some players if they get beat while on defense, simply try to get back at you when they're on offensive, which doesn't necessarily mean that they increase there intensity on defense - which is what they should be doing. Fizer has a tendancy to do that, which would make this match-up less exciting IMO.
I dream of Lonny dogging Marcus in EVERYTHING. "I'm gonna beat your *** in these windsprints." "20 reps? Watch me do 22." "I'm a bag-carrying, doughnut-fetching rook and I bet I can hit more free throws than you."

I think it is a similarity in their size that seems ripe for a good sibling rivalry.

#23 ·
Originally posted by Songcycle

Just out of curiosity, what does your name mean?
Just a remnant from a rec league a decade back. "You see me coming down the lane, you better call for help!" was a boast I couldn't back up very well anyway. I still see 411 sometimes, but 007 has dropped off my radar.

Maybe I should have left it to your imagination to come up with something more interesting. So much for my air of mystery.

#24 · (Edited)
Re: Re: yeah but...

I dream of Lonny dogging Marcus in EVERYTHING. "I'm gonna beat your *** in these windsprints." "20 reps? Watch me do 22." "I'm a bag-carrying, doughnut-fetching rook and I bet I can hit more free throws than you."

I think it is a similarity in their size that seems ripe for a good sibling rivalry.
I can't see Lonny talkin' smack, or beating Marcus in wind sprints, and definitely not beating him with reps. You kiddin me, have you seen Marcus' arms? I doubt that Fizer would even try to go in on Baxter - he'd be too busy trying to find a nice place in 3 ball land to camp out. (been practicing 3's this summer, gimme a break...:upset: , when is this guy going to start using his upper body strength to get position down low??)

#25 ·
I have a couple of suggestions for questions to ask the Teach.

1. If there was a medical procedure that could be performed on your throat to amplify your voice so that someone further than 4 feet away could hear what you were saying, would you elect to have the surgey? What if it would mean that you would only have 50% chance to live?

2. If the Bulls make the playoffs this year will you paint your eyebrows and goathee Chicago Bulls red?

3. Is there any risk of Bill Berry leaving to become the spokesperson for Milk Dud candies?

4. Do you have an extra affinity for Bagaric since he's young and nasty as you were early in your career?

5. In your Will, will you bequeth your championship rings to Michael Jordan (their rightful owner)?

Try a few of those.

#26 ·
Here's a question...
Do you still believe that this current team can focus on DEFENSE as what you have initially said when you first got the coaching job? With the youth and trading most of the defense to the Pacers, how will this team improve and learn that DEFENSE is their main focus??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.