Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Originally posted by <b>Original ScarFace</b>!

Who do you think is currently the best Canadian soccer player?(if you don't say who I think it is i will have to sorely disagree with you)
Dwayne De Rosario

Are there any all ages club in TDot?
Not any good ones that I know of.

Have you met K-OS?
Nope.

Are you pissed that Toronto did not win the 2008 Olympics?
Yeah, at the time both Istanbul and Toronto were in the running, and I would have been happy either way. Unfortunately none of them won, Beijing? Give me a break.

Have I played you in Soccer b4?
what team do you play for?
I use to play on Hillcrest. Last couple of seasons I played on Sparatacus under 17. But I haven't played this season.

Would I kick ur *** in soccer?
No.
Me > You

Name who you think is the 5 greatest soccer player of all time?
Meh I'm too lazy to go into details about the best players all time, because I obviously haven't watched Pele and Maradona in action in a consistant basis so I'll just give you the 5 best players in my mind, in the world today:
Zidane, Ronaldinho, Pavel Nedved, Thierry Henry, and Shev.

have you seen the movie Pele Eterno?
Nope.

Have you ever heard of the Forum for Young Canadians in Ottawa?
Nope

Have you ever read Brave New World or 1984?
Nope

Are you smarter then MadMan and BudBoy?
Their average together is about 60. Mine is 75. That includes the fact that they take courses like guitar, core french, and coop. You be the judge.

Why do you think that Inter will win the CL when their defence is absolute crap?
Just watch. You will see.

Will the Raps win an NBA championship in your lifetime?
I'm going to have to go with no.

Will there ever be another Pele or Maradona?
Probably.
There are a lot of good young players out there right now. Cristiano Ronaldo is one of them.

Did you get accepted into University? and Which one?
No not yet, I didn't apply for that early admission stuff. I pretty much got ****ed over by my law teacher so my average stayed exactly the same. The cutoff point to make York I heard was 73, and if I stay at 75 in the middle of 2nd term, I think I should still be able to make it, however with the easy courses that I am now taking, hopefully I can boost it up to like a 77 or something, to ensure my admission to University.

·
The Future is Here
3,563 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Turkish Delight</b>!

Dwayne De Rosario
..................Ever heard of Julian De Guzman?, a defensive midfielder who just signed a 4-year contract with Deportivo La Coruna, he will become the first Canadian to play top flight soccer in Spain in La Primera Liga.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

..................Ever heard of Julian De Guzman?, a defensive midfielder who just signed a 4-year contract with Deportivo La Coruna, he will become the first Canadian to play top flight soccer in Spain in La Primera Liga.
No I haven't.
But that is very intresting.
I'm loving the fact that all these Canadians are finally starting to play abroad, it will really help us develop for the future.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Since you have an uncle in Germany have you thought about going to the World Cup (and crashing at his place, at least for a couple days :) ) if Turkey makes it?

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
kawika said:
Since you have an uncle in Germany have you thought about going to the World Cup (and crashing at his place, at least for a couple days :) ) if Turkey makes it?

Naw I really don't think he does, because only a third of all the tickets are available for fans. That means there are for example 50 million fans who want tickets but there are only 500.000 tickets... Getting tickets is just lottery, you have to have really a lot of luck and nevertheless they are very very expensive!
I thought about going there too, because I would only have to drive 1 and a half hour to Munich but it's just that much fans and no tickets...

·
The Future is Here
3,563 Posts
I was rewatching some of the World Cup 2002 matches the other day and I realized that there were a lot of seats left, even for some of the bigger matches like Turkey vs Brazil, Senegal vs Sweden, I couldn't understand why considering they are always sold out. I would like to go to at least 1 World Cup game in my lifetime.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
kawika said:
I actually was thinking of that.
If Turkey makes it, I would really want to go to a game. It's going to be crazy there, because there are so many Turks in Germany.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
I actually was thinking of that.
If Turkey makes it, I would really want to go to a game. It's going to be crazy there, because there are so many Turks in Germany.

Yeah there are a lot of Turks in Germany indeed and in Austria as well.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
DwyaneWade4MVP said:
Yeah there are a lot of Turks in Germany indeed and in Austria as well.
Yeah we are everywhere.
There are a lot in Switzerland, some scattered around Romania and Bulgaria, etc..

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
DHarris34Phan said:
Have you ever heard of a Card Game named Black Mariah? It is crazy and if you like to gamble, you should get into it, its nuts.
Oh yeah? I don't think I've ever heard it before.
Most of the gambling I do involves soccer and texas holdem. I use to play a lot of Black Jack, but I guess I just grew tired of it.
Mind explaining how Black Mariah works?

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
BenDengGo said:
when was the last time you have been to turkey, if you have ever been.
I was there actually last summer. I usually go with my family there every other year or so, but this time they want me to go there again, back to back.
I'd love to go to Turkey again with a friend or something, but not with the whole family.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Black Mariah is a variation of 7 card stud. In seven card stud, as you probably know, you eventually recieve 4 up cards that everyone can see. In Black Mariah, the highest spade that is showing automatically gets half of the pot, and the other half goes to the best hand, so someone might stay in with the best hand, or someone might stay in hoping for the highest spade showing. But, if the Queen of Spades comes up, the hand starts completley over and everyone re-ante the pot, so if had the Ace of Spades showing the whole way and the Queen of Spades was the last showing card, you are screwed and the game starts over. If you get a 6 showing, you can buy a card face down for a dollar. This game can have huge pots....

You can also play this game with the rule that the person with the highest or lowest spade in your down cards gets half the pot, which makes it more interesting because you really don't know for sure wheter you are getting half the pot or not because you can't see who has the highest or lowest spade.

If you wanna play this game, make max-raise 2 dollars, or if ur feeling like gambling, 3 dollars....there is 5 rounds or so of betting, so this can get big...

Hope you have fun playin!

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Cool, sounds like a really fun game.
I really should start playing more than just texas holdem.
I play 7 card stud time to time, but not as often as I should.
I won two small tournaments on Friday but right now I'm just kind of trying to take a break from poker for a few days.
I'll ask around and see if any of my friends have heard about this game.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Have you watched any Champion League games?

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
DwyaneWade4MVP said:
Have you watched any Champion League games?
This season?
Of course, but not as much as in the past.
Before I would watch a lot of games, considering the fact that my favorite team, Galatasaray, was in it, but with them not being able to qualify for this season, I haven't watched as many games.
I still have been able to catch a few, such as Real against Juve, and Inter vs Porto.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts