Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we all know we need two assitances coaches to filled those two empty spots.

Here are my hit lists we should interview to be in the assitance coaches and I think we should boot Drew Barry out of the job even though I have nothing against him to filled in more needs of the assitance coaches. But here is my hit lists.

Tex Winter

Ron Harper

Bill Weington(can't spell today.)

Horance Grant(I know from the past between Grant and Krause but he's still one of my hitlists.)

John Paxon(I know he doesn't want the coaches before but he could be a good assitance coach to teach some guys how to shoot the threes.)

Stacey King(Not sure that his first name exactly but I think you know who I'm talking about.)

Steve Kerr

Will Predure(I know he's not like the best center in the league but could teach the kids with him and weighton to teach the kids how to full filled as a big man.>

One of the Bucks assitance coach(Not sure about his name not much know but be nice to steal one of the playoff contender team a year ago away from them lol.)

Thats about it for the hit list of assitance coaches of my hitlist. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
16 Posts
http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull02.html

ASSISTANT SEARCH: Krause continues to devote time to hiring two assistant coaches. Bill Cartwright's former Knicks teammate, Bob Thornton, is considered a lock for one spot, and the team is talking to former Miami assistant Jeff Bzdelik, who also worked for Denver last season. An announcement should come in the next couple of days.

Bob Thorton is the head coach of the NBDL team Huntsville Flight. They missed the playoff last season.
(http://www.nba.com/nbdl/huntsville/huntsville_coach.html)

Bill Bzdelik graduated from UIC and played in the NBA for a few years. He was a Pat Riley loyalist but was fired by Riley last year.
(http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/denberg/1303576.html)

I want the Bulls to hire Tex Winter as a consultant...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Tex Winter, the consultant: what's this? (a triangle) good. now, what's this? (a triangle). good. that'll be 4million please.

i think Harper would be a good assistant coach. teach our perimter guys about setting up the triangle, and playing some team-Defense

i remember hearing about Wennington and Stacy King being considered. i don't know what their locker-room presence was when they played... i don't get a good read on how either would fare as a coach

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
What about Kareem? Did you all see the ESPN cover article about him and his lack of coaching offers? The Lakers took all of our coaches lets take some of their guys!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Great players don't always equate to great teachers and coaches. Jabbar was the best of his day, but I woould have no clue about his coaching skills.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Tex Winter

I had heard that LAST year, phil had to practically beg tex winter to go another year with them...look for him to retire BEFORE he comes back to chi-town. I think you need to have coaches first of all who CAN coach, but also as important, coaches these young studs can respect as a player, first, and then as a coach. Harper...yeah, I like that....Paxson, I think he knows how good he has it sitting behind a microphone...hey, on an off note, what happened to the Bulls jpublic address announcer last year? Did he quit? :devil:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have it on good authority that the Bull believe there is an inverse relationship
between a candidates playing performance and his coaching effectiveness.

Next Bull coach: Dickey Simpkins. :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Re: Tex Winter

Originally posted by BamaBull
I had heard that LAST year, phil had to practically beg tex winter to go another year with them...look for him to retire BEFORE he comes back to chi-town. I think you need to have coaches first of all who CAN coach, but also as important, coaches these young studs can respect as a player, first, and then as a coach. Harper...yeah, I like that....Paxson, I think he knows how good he has it sitting behind a microphone...hey, on an off note, what happened to the Bulls jpublic address announcer last year? Did he quit? :devil:
My buddy Ray got canned. I think it had to do w/ the Jordan intro, but don't really know if that rumor is true. I hope they find somebody that has a good voice as he does.

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
Re: Tex Winter

I had heard that LAST year, phil had to practically beg tex winter to go another year with them...look for him to retire BEFORE he comes back to chi-town.
Yeah, but what was the reason? I heard Tex on the radio saying that he isn't interested in continuing with LA because "they don't need me anymore". He went on to say that he is interested in continuing coaching, has a good relationship with Cartwright and Krause, and would be glad to talk with the Bulls if they were interested in his services.

I think you need to have coaches first of all who CAN coach, but also as important, coaches these young studs can respect as a player, first, and then as a coach
I disagree. Players respect coaches who know what they're talking about. From what I've read, Winter had the utmost respect of the Bulls players. Even Rodman loved the guy.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Re: Re: Tex Winter

Originally posted by Kneepad

Yeah, but what was the reason? I heard Tex on the radio saying that he isn't interested in continuing with LA because "they don't need me anymore". He went on to say that he is interested in continuing coaching, has a good relationship with Cartwright and Krause, and would be glad to talk with the Bulls if they were interested in his services.

I disagree. Players respect coaches who know what they're talking about. From what I've read, Winter had the utmost respect of the Bulls players. Even Rodman loved the guy.
thanks for the info on winter and his feelings about LA. Oh, and what you disagreed with me on, do not get me wrong, I was NOT excluding coaches who have not been players, I was in the context of speaking about coaches who WERE players....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tex would be great, but I'd like to see John Bach or someone of his caliper to take over the Defense. Bring back the Doberman Defense.:yes:

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by faust
Tex would be great, but I'd like to see John Bach or someone of his caliper to take over the Defense. Bring back the Doberman Defense.:yes:
John Bach is still with his best friend, Doug Collins, in Washington. I don't think he'll leave Collins & Mike.

·
Registered
76 Posts
From Suntime's Roman Modrowski, July 5, 2002.

ASSISTANTS SET: The Bulls will name Bob Thornton, who is a former Knicks teammate of head coach Bill Cartwright and spent last season coaching in the NBDL, and Jeff Bzdelik, a former Miami assistant, as their new assistant coaches next week, according to a league source.

25 Posts
Who is this guy ? Oh well.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/thornton_020708.html

I don't bother to read those editorials, so my bad. Irvine and the NBADL aren't the basketball powerhouses I was hoping they'd tap. I'd rather that we go with those aforementioned brand names of Tex Winter and someone with some NBA coaching experience to deal with this super young team, but I kinda trust Jerry and Bill's judgement.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Re: Who is this guy ? Oh well.

<b>Hurdle. Due to copyright laws, we cannot post full articles on here. I will let you edit out what you want to edit. If not i will due so later on. I know i used to do it too. ALOT. But i wrote suntimes and tribune and both said we can post the link but not the article. We can comment on it and use some of artcile to post to back up our comments. Since this is something new to most of us, i will let you edit the article.</b>

The reason why i posted this on here instead and not pm is because i want posters to get used to the fact that we can't post full articles anymore. It is not intended to be a knock on you. I am not using you as an example. Just your post.

TY Hurdle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts