Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were given 4 nice 100 level tickets for the game last night. Probably the 4th or 5th best seats I've ever had. It's really amazing how being at the game in person alters the way that I perceive the game. Particularly in keeping track of stats and what is happening. There is of course the fact that Live doesn't have a TIVO rewind button.

Here are my thoughts on the game last night.

1. When the game was over I leaned to my friend and said, "When the hell did Shareef score 19 points? It was a very quite 19 last night.

2. Travis Outlaw IS our favorite player. His successful dunks, near successful allyoop dunks and his shots were just beautiful. Not to mention his blocks. He is Soooo a keeper. I love his attitude and smile too.

3. From our perspective in watching the game in person...It seemed that players who were Vets caused the majority of the turn overs. Particularly during the stretch in the 2nd quarter when the game was suddenly getting out of hand.

4. We do well at maintaining, we (meaning the youth) can score with the other teams. The thing we don't do well is rally from a deficit. If we get down 10 points...we are down 10 points. but we can maintain that damnit!

5. Telfair hurting himself at the end of the game was wicked scary. Lets give portland 0 reasons to keep NVE or Damon next year.

6. Speaking of Turnovers...we only had 16. That's way down from 20+ so in the great scheme of things 16 is an improvement.

7. I love watching the young guys. Telfair, Outlaw, Victor, Joel even Miles when running with the young crowd. They are fun, entertaining and they just make you excited for the future. I love that.

8. Frahm comes into the game late in the 3rd quarter for the first time...a quarter and a half later...has 17 points. Why the heck wasn't he in the game when we were down in the 2nd quarter by 16 and we needed some three's to chip away at the lead? My buddy from Minesotta was asking why we held him on the bench for so long.

9. Apparently D-Fence is just a chant it's not something that we actually practice or use in a game. Beyond our shotblockers in the middle everyone else just lets their man run right past them.

10. The drumming at half time was way cool.

11. The reason that Damon seems to get more assists is because he holds the ball till the end then passes it off for the last minute score. Telfair doesn't do this, he passes the ball right away getting others into the flow of the ofense who then pass the ball further...That's why his Assists are less then damons. If he played like damon he would have had double his assists.

12. Telfair in the first quarter 4/5 on outside shooting....Yea he cannot shoot.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot #13!!

13. 7 players in double figures....not including Joel and Patterson who typically get at least 10 apiece.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Thanks for the recap!

Not that I should HAVE to thank you - it's a MORAL DUTY for EVERYONE who attends a game to give a detailed and entertaining recap of the game for the benefit of us benighted souls who don't have the opportunity. Anything less, and you're going to the basketball hell, where you are forced to watch tape loops featuring Cliffy fumbling the ball out of bounds on a fastbreak, Kobe to Shaq for the dunk, Shaq clobbering Steve Smith, Magic throwing the ball downcourt, Jordan shrugging as he jogs back up court, Bobby Fricking Hansen, Ron Effing Harper and Sean Bleeping Elliot hit shot after shot....

But thanks, anyway.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
rx2web said:
Travis Outlaw IS our favorite player. His successful dunks, near successful allyoop dunks and his shots were just beautiful. Not to mention his blocks. He is Soooo a keeper. I love his attitude and smile too.
I've had an Outlaw pic as my desktop photo for most of the season, here it is (600x800):

Attachments

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
meru said:
Thanks for the recap!

Not that I should HAVE to thank you - it's a MORAL DUTY for EVERYONE who attends a game to give a detailed and entertaining recap of the game for the benefit of us benighted souls who don't have the opportunity. Anything less, and you're going to the basketball hell, where you are forced to watch tape loops featuring Cliffy fumbling the ball out of bounds on a fastbreak, Kobe to Shaq for the dunk, Shaq clobbering Steve Smith, Magic throwing the ball downcourt, Jordan shrugging as he jogs back up court, Bobby Fricking Hansen, Ron Effing Harper and Sean Bleeping Elliot hit shot after shot....

But thanks, anyway.
Oh, man. You have correctly identified my personal hell. Two images that are burned into my vision for eternity are Cliffy fumbling that pass and Shaq crushing Steve Smith to the floor RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF! :curse: That one made me sick to my stomach. Actually, they both did. Two plays that in all probability cost the Blazers two championships. And the expressions on Steve's face as he stared at the ref, man I'll never forget that either. Dude, now I'm bummed. And this started out as a positive thread!

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Lets turn this frown upside down and forget all those horrible Blazer moments.

Thanks for the recap, rx2web. It's nice to hear from fans who get to attend the games. Unfortunatly, I missed out on going to the game against the Knicks, so my window of opportunity for going to a game in person this year is quickly closing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts