Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and there goes my preseason prediction for NBA champion...
I feel bad for Kevin Garnett - 31/12/7/1/1, and the Wolves still lose to the Hawks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
70,380 Posts
YEEEEEAAAAAAAH!! :woot:

:cry: Hawks have had many games like this, but they just didn't have enough to finish off the last five minutes so it is good to see their effort pay off and get a win.. even if it is meaningless it is still good to see. It also was good to see a great crowd, looked like a sell out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
Huh? The season ended last night, this game didn't mean anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,763 Posts
...pathetic.

For the love of god... the Hawks! I don't know because I didn't watch the game, but I don't imagine the Hakws suddenly playing inspired basketball, if anything, I'd imagine they're still tanking in hopes of that #1 pick...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
22,939 Posts
Does that offically eliminate them? Cause if it does.... getting eliminated is bad enough, but it being done by the Hawks...thats just pouring salt in the wounds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
q said:
Huh? The season ended last night, this game didn't mean anything.
I thought they'd bounce back from last night's loss, but I was wrong. They're still technically in the playoff race, but they won't make it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
70,380 Posts
Drewbs said:
...pathetic.

For the love of god... the Hawks! I don't know because I didn't watch the game, but I don't imagine the Hakws suddenly playing inspired basketball, if anything, I'd imagine they're still tanking in hopes of that #1 pick...
Like I said, the Hawks have been playing hard all year and most of the games they lost have been in the 4th quarter, but they still play their hearts out.

Atlanta will never get the #1 pick. That will be handed to on a platter to the Lakers or Knicks. :curse: NBA wants to see Hawks fail, and always fail. That is why they didn't want us to get LeBron or Dwight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
RaptorsCB4 said:
I thought they'd bounce back from last night's loss, but I was wrong. They're still technically in the playoff race, but they won't make it.
Yeah mathematically they're still in, but realistically the season ended after the Loss to Denver last night. I'm not disappointed at all, we could lose the rest of our games and it really wouldn't matter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,660 Posts
An inexcusable loss. Minnesota IMO still had a chance after last night's loss because the Grizzlies schedule to end the season is brutal. But when u can't even beat the freaking Hawks in a must-win game.....then u don't deserve to be anywhere near playoff contention.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
SPMJ said:
An inexcusable loss. Minnesota IMO still had a chance after last night's loss because the Grizzlies schedule to end the season is brutal. But when u can't even beat the freaking Hawks in a must-win game.....then u don't deserve to be anywhere near playoff contention.
Well, your opinion is wrong, the season ended last night. The Grizzlies have a tough schedule, but the teams they're playing will be resting their best players, and the Grizzlies are one of the hottest teams in the league. It would've been very close had we won these past 2 games and all the rest of the games, but after yesterdays loss there was no chance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,815 Posts
I should have known better than to bet ucash on the Timberwolves. Lost to one of the worst teams in NBA history. Congrats guys.
 

·
That'll do Pigley...
Joined
·
51,262 Posts
When Tyronn Lue and Tony Delk combine for 41 points with Al Harrington in street clothes, well nothing more needs to be said other than mailing it in.

Cassell was 1-8 vs. Tyronn Lue? C'mon. I'd be whooping some tail if I was KG.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
70,380 Posts
HKF said:
When Tyronn Lue and Tony Delk combine for 41 points with Al Harrington in street clothes, well nothing more needs to be said other than mailing it in.

Cassell was 1-8 vs. Tyronn Lue? C'mon. I'd be whooping some tail if I was KG.
It isn't the Hawks fault their shots kept going in..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
underhill_101 said:
that probably all but ended minnys chance at the playoffs... u cant afford to lose crucial games to teams like the hawks
Like I said a few times already, after the Nuggets game, it was over. I'd put the chances around 5% ay best after last night that we'd make the playoffs. So that's why this loss isn't that bad imo, as the season was basically already over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
The Wolves season probably did ended when they lost vs Nuggets. But that doesn't mean you just stop playing hard and give up. At least show some heart. :| If I was a Wolves fan, I'll be more disappointed on this lost than the lost vs Nuggets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,385 Posts
Thank god I'm not a wolves fan...Those guys keep wasting near-trpl-db

performances by KG..KG keeps on playing like a true warrior

KG for MVP even though his team sucks!!!l
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,278 Posts
Who would've thought Minnesota would've come from the top team in the West last season to not even making the playoffs the following season with almost the exact same roster?
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top