Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Very interesting article. Knight seems like a class act. His attempt to trade Rahim to a championship contender reminds me of our trade of Drexler to Houston. I think we should all say a prayer of thanks that we now have Rahim and Ratliff in Portland.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JarvisHayes24</b>!
Thought some of you might be interested...

http://hawks.realgm.com/showarticle.php?artid=413

1.) I tried to send SAR to a champion
2.) The deal was final during the Dallas/ATL game
3.) Had nothing to do with the pending sale
4.) Bad teams aren't worth 60 million dollars

Might be interested in his comments of Shareef...
I don't know if Shareef is going to be here for years to come, but this trade does buy Portland some time to look around and make better trades later down the road. I know that many people loved Rasheed, but with all his bad press and huge salary I was really suprised that anyone would want to trade for him.

I do believe that Nash did refer to the players coming to Portland as pieces that could be moved later down the road near next seasons trade dead line.

I wonder how this is all going to play out for all parties involved?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I think it will be good for Portland and bad for Atlanta.

Portland was, apparently, going to see Wallace walk away. While that may not have been the worst thing ever to happen as we do have some good players left around, we did get a much better than average SF and defensive center. Each are very tradable, if need be. Person was a good shooter and gret guy, but not very athletic and certainly a role player only.

Atlanta sees Wallace walk away and all htey did was lose two good players for Person- assuming he sticks around. All they did was give away two good players who are also good people. Wallace wants to play for a winner and/or closer to home- and neither of those spells Atlanta.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SAR is soft, chokes, can't play SF full time, can't play defense, can't rebound. Theo is vastly overpaid, doesn't score, chooses not to rebound.

Please please PLEASE tell me how that makes them very tradable if need be? ATL had to settle for Sheed because nobody else wanted these 2 clowns. Also Sheed won't walk for ATL. We will most likely sign and trade him.

And like Knight said: Bad teams aren't worth 60 million dollars.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
"SAR is soft, chokes, can't play SF full time . . . can't rebound"
You must be thinking of Wallace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts