Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NJ gets: Al Harrington
ATL gets: Marc Jackson [expiring deal], Antoine Wright, and 1st rounder

The orange NJ product Harrington back to NJ. He is an athletic 3/4, 6'9, 245 lbs. Averaging 17 pts and 8 rebs. Perfect fit as athletic 4 in NJ transition game.

ATL saves alot of money on Jackson, gets a promising player in Wright, and a nice 1st

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
altho they would prob prefer Zoran, they need to adress the PG position with Lue starting. Trade still works under the cap.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Harrington is a free agent this year.

That is TONS to give up for him.

-Petey

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
kconn61686 said:
NJ gets: Al Harrington
ATL gets: Marc Jackson [expiring deal], Antoine Wright, and 1st rounder

The orange NJ product Harrington back to NJ. He is an athletic 3/4, 6'9, 245 lbs. Averaging 17 pts and 8 rebs. Perfect fit as athletic 4 in NJ transition game.

ATL saves alot of money on Jackson, gets a promising player in Wright, and a nice 1st
change Wright to Vaughn/McInnis and we got a deal...also change the 1st with the second...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Petey, I agree.

AH to be a free agent, not really a PF, severe stats, and might want to play with a contender after the Atlanta experience.

Would Rod (see-'Ratner') be willing to dispense some more longterm expensive contract to a player that, thus far, has not proven himself to be a PF?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Harrington is a tweener. He isn't a true PF. We'd never deal that first rounder AND Wright for Harrington. Jackson/Zoran and maybe a 2nd rounder, POSSIBLY. But that would never fly.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Isn't RJ 6'8" 245? Isn't his rebounding average higher than Harrington's? (It is, both for the season and for his career.)

If RJ isn't the answer at PF, why is Harrington?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I see AH being a 2nd K-Mart near kidd. Certainly he will not be exact but similliar gameplays. (running etc)

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Mr.Montross said:
Oops, almost forgot. Marc Jackson is not an expiring contract.
Assuming the cap doesn't fall, the Hawks have space for 2 free agents very close to the max again. Insane. They would have to be really knocked over in terms of young talent in order to take Jackson.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jackson is expiring.

And if u can compare Harrington's size to anyone, compare it to KMart, not RJ. He is the same size as KMart and he is getting 8.5 rebs/game this year, which may i add dominates our starting PF's rebs/game. He also has a player on his team getting 9.5 boards, thats why his rebounding avg cant be compared to Jefferson's. RJ is the only Net that rebounds. Cant imagine NJ not taking on a guy averaging 8.5 rebs a game and can score 17/game playing the 4 Spot. Jason Collins, that's all I have to say. Team is 6-7 and has no bigs and you dont think they could use Al Harrington, lol.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
kconn61686 said:
jackson is expiring.

And if u can compare Harrington's size to anyone, compare it to KMart, not RJ. He is the same size as KMart and he is getting 8.5 rebs/game this year, which may i add dominates our starting PF's rebs/game. He also has a player on his team getting 9.5 boards, thats why his rebounding avg cant be compared to Jefferson's. RJ is the only Net that rebounds. Cant imagine NJ not taking on a guy averaging 8.5 rebs a game and can score 17/game playing the 4 Spot. Jason Collins, that's all I have to say. Team is 6-7 and has no bigs and you dont think they could use Al Harrington, lol.
Jackson has a player option. He's not opting out as he's not getting close to that ever again.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I usually get really annoyed with trade ideas, however this one is rather pleasing. AH is young enough that he he has a good number of years ahead of him, but is a piece you could win with now.
MJax and Zoran plus a draft pick sounds decent enough to me. I would prefer a 2nd rounder but don't know if Atlanta would consider it. I think he would be a good fit running the floor. Decent rebounder, and with Collins/Kristic would make a decent rotation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts