Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Re: Kenny Frease - Post # 36

Kenny's new home. I hope he likes pink:

Paul Horn Arena - Tübingen, Germany (Capacity: 3,132)

In 2011-12, the Walter Tigers Tübingen finished in 12th place for the third year in a row in the Basketball Bundesliga.

Best of luck to Kenny.

Walter Tigers Tübingen 2012-13 Roster

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Economic Situation in European Basketball: Germany (In the Game.org - June 15, 2009)

Players’ Salaries

Managers often refer to a lottery phenomenon in the league: who’s the team that signs most surprises, i.e., rookies out of college. The rumored salary for those players is as low as 2000 USD net per month. It sounds resonable considering the low budgets of some clubs.

Small Budget Clubs

As small budget clubs I count all those clubs where it is known that they only have a budget just above the Bundesliga’s minimum budget or where there are still some doubts in the licencing process for 2009/2010.

Walter Tigers Tübingen surprised many as they only got their licence under a resolutive condition. It was generally known that they played with a small budget, but that they were not able to show 40 % of their sponsorship contracts by end of May came as a surprise.

Additionally coach Öngören was released just after the end of the season. A newspaper wrote that the club was not willing or able to fulfill his requests for a more professional structure.

Re: Kenny Frease - Post # 40

I wonder if muddy has the same things to say about one of his beloved flyers who just graduated and also signed with similar German Euro league team.
In 2011-12, the Walter Tigers Tübingen finished in 12th place for the third year in a row in the Basketball Bundesliga.
In 2011-12, Brian Roberts led Brose Baskets to the Basketball Bundesliga Championship for the third year in a row, this time with a 30-4 record.

Brian Roberts, a star point guard in the Basketball Bundesliga, was the second-leading scorer for Brose Baskets and was rumored to have made around $ 250K - $ 300K for last season.

Dillard Invited to 2012 Lebron James Skills Camp (Dayton Flyers - July 5, 2012)

Playing for the New Orleans Hornets team in Las Vegas will be 2008 graduate Brian Roberts, who has played the last four seasons in Europe.

Roberts, who is fourth on the Flyers’ all-time scoring list, helped Germany power Brose Baskets to a 30-4 record last season, winning its third straight German League and German Cup Championships.

He was second on the team in scoring (12.0) and assists (3.2).

What Happened in Vegas (New Orlean Hornets - July 15, 2012)

BEST LESSER-KNOWN SURPRISE

Among the non-roster summer invitees, point guard Brian Roberts was the most effective player, providing the Hornets with consistently solid play.

He was the lone Hornet to reach double figures in all five games
, highlighted by his 18-point effort in the finale vs. Golden State.

The University of Dayton product was most impressive in the shooting category, going 6-for-11 on treys and 15-for-16 on free throws. The 26-year-old made a strong case to be invited to training camp in the fall.

Brian Roberts Leaves Brose Baskets Bamberg (Sportando German Basketball – August 1, 2012)

The player will continue with the Hornets

Brian Roberts won't continue his career in Germany with Brose Baskets Bamberg. The player left the team and will try in the NBA with the Hornets. Roberts averaged 12.0ppg, 2.1rpg, 3.2apg during the last Bundesliga.​

UD’s Parker Signs with German Team (Doug Harris, DDN - July 25, 2012)

Luke Fabrizius Signs with German Team (Doug Harris, DDN - August 12, 2012)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Kenny Frease - Post # 40

I wonder if muddy has the same things to say about one of his beloved flyers who just graduated and also signed with similar German Euro league team.

4-Star, C # 9 Kenny Frease (Rivals.com Profile)

Blue Blobster,

Rivals.com ranked Kenny Frease as the # 41 prospect in the HS Class of 2008.

Josh Parker and Luke Fabrizius were career reserve players at UD. Apples and oranges.

Either Kenny Frease was the most over-rated player in the history of the Atlantic 10, or Xavier's coaching staff failed to develop him.

·
Banned
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Posters who are fans of the other 15 Atlantic 10 teams are quite welcome to post info about their alumni in European Pro Basketball, but I'm not going to do it.

Andrew Nicholson will be playing in the NBA, but are any other Bonnies playing in Europe in the 2012-13 season ?

·
Registered
880 Posts

Posters who are fans of the other 15 Atlantic 10 teams are quite welcome to post info about their alumni in European Pro Basketball, but I'm not going to do it.

Andrew Nicholson will be playing in the NBA, but are any other Bonnies playing in Europe in the 2012-13 season ?

Yes, quite a few*, though it appears that their high school ranking and the previous results of their club will be the determining factors of whether or not that's a good thing.

*Ogo Adegboye in Cyprus, Da'Quan Cook in Bulgaria, Ahmad Smith in Germany (?), Marques Green in Italy, Mike Lee in the Ukraine (though he played summer league with the Kings), Sam De Haas in the Netherlands, Patrick Lottin in France, JR Bremer in ?, Chris Matthews in ?

Paul Williams appears to be playing in Japan and Zarryon Fereti is in Australia.

I'm sure I missed some or guys have moved.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Euro is certainly not a bad thing for 95% of A10 recruits. For the few like Frease, Holloway, and say a Chris Wright, it would be viewed as an initial disappointment. That being said, money can be made there. It certainly had been pocket lining for Sato and Roberts made great money. I would have to think a guy like Wright would bring in big time money in Europe. It really is a relative situation to each player. Holloway all but stated before the draft that he would be viewed as a failure if he didn't make the NBA. I disagree with him but that's the view out there. I also have to think that X fans and Kenny had nothing but NBA on his mind after his freshmen year giving his ranking coming in..Luke, not so much.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
URI:

Jimmy Baron - Spain
Kahiem Seawright - Spain
Lamonte Ulmer - Belgium
Orion Outerbridge - Greece
Keith Cotheran - Iceland
Parfait Bitee - Morocco (Africa)
Will Daniels - France
Delroy James - trying for NBA, Italy
Marquis Jones - Germany

·
Registered
32 Posts
Speaking of players doing well in Europe. Romain Sato is making well above the NBA median salary. In 2010 he signed a 3 year $14 million dollar contract.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
X:

Jamel McLean
Jason Love
B.J. Raymond
Josh Duncan
Stanley Burrell
Justin Doellman
Justin Cage
Brandon Cole
Will Caudle
Lionel Chalmers
Romain Sato
Anthony Myles
Reggie Butler (may be done)
Big Kenny

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Re: Spring Sports

Kevin Lisch is the reigning MVP of the Australian pro league.
Not Europe. ;)

Speaking of, Smush Parker who played in th NBA for a bit was playing in Venezuela last season along with Mark Jarrell-Wright who also played at Fordham. We had a decent number of guys in Europe last season, but not sure how many have signed again for the upcoming season. Only one I'm positive of is Bryant Dunston who will be in Italy this coming season. There were rumors the Nets had signed him, but those were not true apparently.

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts

Thanks for covering Dayton alum Kenny Frease for us.

:clap:

·
Banned
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
488 Posts
God love King Kenny. What was his record in A-10 play?

·
The Professor
1,025 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts