Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a quote from the Green Bay Press-Gazette that was in the paper today.

"Hot ticket: UWGB is hoping for close to a capacity crowd for Saturday’s first-place showdown against rival UW-Milwaukee.

As of Tuesday afternoon, approximately 3,400 tickets remained for the 1 p.m. tipoff at the Resch Center. Even if no more tickets are sold, UWGB will set a season-high for attendance in the 10,200-seat arena. The largest crowd this season was 4,643 on Saturday against Butler. The largest college basketball crowd in the brief history of the Resch Center was 9,705 on Nov. 30, 2002, when UWGB hosted Wisconsin.

The UWGB-UWM game is being televised regionally on Fox Sports North and Fox Sports Chicago."

If those figures are correct, currently 6,800 tickets have been sold with three days to go before the game, 1,000 more than last year. I doubt the game will be sold out, but figures of 7,500 - 8,000 seem possible now, with some people probably waiting until the day of the game to buy them.

· Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thursday's figure

As of Thursday morning, the number of tickets sold for the UWM/UWGB game was up to 7,000, compared to 8,000 for the Marquette game.

· Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This information is from the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

As of Friday afternoon, 2,556 tickets were available for the UWM/UWGB game in the 9,877 arena. That means that 7,321 tickets have been sold for the game. If that is correct, this will be the highest attendance for a HL game so far this season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more, too. Marquette coach Tom Crean was doing a little advertising for today's game when Marquette played at the Resch Center yesterday. For attendance figures for the two days, we're looking at around a total attendance of 16,000 for both days.

Also, I heard an interesting comment from head coach Bruce Pearl when I read an article from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, saying that the game in Milwaukee will pay off some bills. Any comment on that, UWM fans? Was the move to U.S. Cellular Arena too much for UWM, or was there another reason? I would just like to know from someone that might have a little more information about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.