Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The petition got some air time on the Silvy and Carmen show on ESPN 1000 from an e-mail from yours truly.

I sent an email with the petition web site included and told them to please sign it.

It was my lucky day I guess because right after I sent it I turned on the show and sure enough, Norm Van Lier was on.

Silvy then read my email and then read the petition statement. (Really good statement by the way:) ) Although, Norm was actually in 4 All Star games instead of 3.

I really hope Carmen and Silvy signed it. Silvy also gave the web page of the petition.

Norm said that having people make things like the petition and talk about retiring his number really means a lot to him. Then Norm started talking about of his number is cursed.

Did anyone else listen to the show?

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JAF311</b>!
The petition got some air time on the Silvy and Carmen show on ESPN 1000 from an e-mail from yours truly.

I sent an email with the petition web site included and told them to please sign it.

It was my lucky day I guess because right after I sent it I turned on the show and sure enough, Norm Van Lier was on.

Silvy then read my email and then read the petition statement. (Really good statement by the way:) ) Although, Norm was actually in 4 All Star games instead of 3.

I really hope Carmen and Silvy signed it. Silvy also gave the web page of the petition.

Norm said that having people make things like the petition and talk about retiring his number really means a lot to him. Then Norm started talking about of his number is cursed.

Did anyone else listen to the show?
THAT IS FRICKIN AWESOME!!! :laugh: :yes:

I wish I could have heard this! I can't believe they read out the URL on the air and then Norm actually heard about it! And they actually went to the site and then read the statement on the air! How cool is that?! Great job, JAF. Awesome move!

Thanks for the compliment about the statement, by the way. I want to add that, though my name is on the petition as being the author, as much credit has to go to Lizzy for helping put it together and also for coming up with the whole idea of going to bat for Norm in the first place.

On a related note, toward the end of his article for tomorrow's edition of the Trib, Mike Downey says the following:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/cs-040116downey,1,3797210.column?coll=cs-home-utility

"An emotional Norm Van Lier said on CLTV last week that it makes him cry at night, seeing the Bulls' other retired uniform numbers on a wall but not his 2. Stormin' Norman, I'm with you. This man is third all-time on the Bulls (behind Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen) in assists and steals. He is fifth in minutes played (behind Jordan, Jerry Sloan and Bob Love, whose numbers have been retired, and Pippen, whose will be).

Let's take that 2 off Eddy Curry's back and hang it up where it belongs."

I hope the Bulls are listening! I hope we eventually are able to get something done. In the meantime, let's get some more sigs!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.