Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auburn cleared the bench in this game. PG Lewis Monroe played his first significant minutes of the season coming off his injury, scoring 8 points. As he continues to play and get back in action, it makes Auburn a better team. Auburn is getting very close to 100% strength now. Marco Killingsworth, Brandon Robinson, and Kyle Davis (I believe the best frontcourt in the SEC, or darn close to it) lead the way. All 3 combined for 41 points and 24 boards. Auburn outrebounded Ole Miss 40-20. Ole Miss was no match.

South Carolina up next, in Auburn Wed. night.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Glad that you guys are getting back to form after a few rough games. I know that you all are better than those couple of games. I think the western division is going to be really interesting to watch this year because there are definitely three teams capable of winning it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was the scheduling more than anything. It was bad to schedule Auburn to play @ UNLV at 11PM Auburn time after a 10 day layoff. The game wasn't over till 1:00AM Auburn time. It was also bad to have to turn around and play Georgia State 36 hours later with no preparation. Georgia State is a good team this year, and they probably will not lose in conference play. They played in the Sweet 16 against Maryland a few years ago.

But, in the long run, it may have made Auburn a better team.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.