Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
oh sorry, the pic must be to long. But yeah that kid is huge, but I don't know who quick he is, and he obviously needs to grow 5 inches to play basketball, if not he can just go play football. But Shaq is and great because not only he is bigger and stronger than everyone, he is really athletic for a man his size, probably the most athletic 7-0 300 +lbs center in NBA history, and the key for that kid is if he is athletic and quick not just big. But is a good prospect already, but I would also watch out for Derrick Caracter

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
God that kid is hug at 12 year old!!!!! That kid is goin be 7'2 350 by the time he is 16..But it doesnt tell you anything about him playin basketball at all how can he be the next shaq then?

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's a great article, I thought it was very respectful towards his situation. Kind of touching really. Reminds me, however, of reading about Rashard Griffith when he was still a HS recruit. I think it said he was 6'10 when he was 13. He only grew like one inch after that. You just never know.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
That was a well written story. It must be tough on that kid being that big. I can't believe he only has 14% body fat, if he keeps growing and has the skill he could be a great NBA player.

But afterall...he's still only 12, so anything could happen.

8 years old and 5'9"!!! I'm 5'9" and I'm 13! I might be able to get away with going through his legs and laying the ball up on him though.;)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
honestly all i can say is wow,

this kid is something i call a freak. all we can do at this point is watch him develop his game, i bet he does have some weaknesses, he has the size and strength already now he has to polish his game into something unique and great.

who knows how large this kid can grow possibly a 7'5 tower?

never know....time will tell lets hope 6 years go by pretty fast

·
Registered
10 Posts
You guys are sick

all we can do at this point is watch him develop his game, i bet he does have some weaknesses, he has the size and strength already now he has to polish his game into something unique and great.
Watch him develop his game? HE'S 12 YEARS OLD!!! You shouldn't even know his name. Of course he's got weaknesses, he's a kid! He doesn't have to play basketball if he doesn't want to. Why do people think they have the right to follow a 12 year old's life? Let him be a kid.

Check out this quote by Auri
''I wish sometimes people would see my personality before they see anything,'' he said. ''I think about that when someone meets me for the first time, and all they see is how big I am. I want them to think I'm a nice person first.''
Let him live his life.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
First: He is too young and we can't say much about him.
Second: He is not the next Shaq. He is much bigger. Shaq didn't develop his body until he was in High School.

But he can be a good player. We will have to wait and hope people don't put too much pressure on him.

Sorry abou my english, I hope everyone undersand me.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Re: the next SHAQ, a 12 year old, must see!

An update on Auri Allen--

He is now 6'11" 290 lbs. and attends Verbum Dei High School in the Los Angeles area. He is projected to grow another four of five inches!!! :jawdrop:

He has averaged 14.3 ppg 7.4 rpg and 3.2 bpg for this season

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts

Someone needs to put that kid on a diet program and have him working out (just cardio, no real weights). 6'11 290 is really big for a kid 14 years of age.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts

HKF said:
Someone needs to put that kid on a diet program and have him working out (just cardio, no real weights). 6'11 290 is really big for a kid 14 years of age.
Maybe they do...

The original article linked on this thread said he was 6'6", 301 pounds

If he's now 6'11", 290, that's definitely an improvement.

·
Registered
959 Posts

HKF said:
He actually lost 10 pounds since he was 12. And he is 86% muscle.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts

BrettNYK said:
He actually lost 10 pounds since he was 12. And he is 86% muscle.
I'm not talking muscle, I'm talking weight. That's a lot of weight to carry on your body at that age, regardless of whether or not he's 86% muscle. Look at Shaq. He has a low body fat, but he has a lot of weight, that has done significant damage to his body and will basically leave him a crippled old giant. Don't want to see this kid turn out like that.

If he got down to a manageable to 7'0 275 lbs, I think he'd be good. Just my two cents though. I mean he shot up 5 inches and lost 11 lbs. He needs to lose a little more (10-15).

·
4,361 Posts

He's certainly matured.

Maybe he's a really early bloomer like Tyson Chandler and he's done growing.

I'll go on a limb and say he'll grow maybe an inch. Once you get a goatee going, you're pretty much as tall as you'll be.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts

Greater Levitator said:
Oh yeah...

5 kilos is an improvement...

I could lose 5 kilos in 3 days.
Did you even read what I said?

Sure, he only lost 10 pounds, but he grew 5 inches at the same time!

·
4,361 Posts

The Truth said:
Did you even read what I said?

Sure, he only lost 10 pounds, but he grew 5 inches at the same time!
That is a huge loss of weight. If he maintained his proportions he'd be more like 330 by now instead of 295.

·
Registered
565 Posts

mysterio said:
He's certainly matured.

Maybe he's a really early bloomer like Tyson Chandler and he's done growing.

I'll go on a limb and say he'll grow maybe an inch. Once you get a goatee going, you're pretty much as tall as you'll be.

I read somewhere that his doc said that he'll grow four or five more inches, making him 7'3" or 7'4". He'd probably weigh about 330 lbs. if he reached that height. That's HUGE. Shaq as a junior in high school was just 6'10" 240 lbs. He could be slow, but a 7'3ish" Chris Marcus-esque type player would still be a darn good player. Imagine if he has decent athleticism :eek:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts